(Archived) Evernote is like a [redacted]

ybakos

Idea

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Sorry to hear of your troubles. The breakup is relatively easy, because you can export everything out of Evernote. I wish you luck with whatever app you choose. I'd suggest VoodooPad for the Mac. It is a personal wiki I quite like. But, in my opinion, nothing is as good as Evernote, particularly if you want to sync across platforms.

Come back some other time if you have a mind to.

Did you submit a support ticket? Obviously, there's something going wrong on your end, since that is not the experience most people have, as you can see from perusing the message board. They can't help you if they don't know you're having a problem.

As far as hot girlfriends treating you like *****, maybe you should look for other attributes in a girlfriend instead of just hotness. Either that or inherit/make a few million dollars & then all the hot chicks will be very nice to you.

• Level 5*

[edit]

I've deleted this, since simple metaphor and genuine questions don't seem to be acceptable from a community lacking a sense of humor. Sorry to offend you guys, I'll ask elsewhere.

it was a statement about how bad the service is, not a question about how to do something, so it falls under "trolling" i think. you'll find people here a bit more jolly if you try a different approach. anyhow, without the post content, this thread is even less constructive. what is the question?

[edit]

I've deleted this, since simple metaphor and genuine questions don't seem to be acceptable from a community lacking a sense of humor. Sorry to offend you guys, I'll ask elsewhere.

Actually, we do have a good sense of humor. Alas, this is one of the few times I didn't quote the post I was responding to. (I normally do, for cases like this, when the poster then deletes/changes it.) Anyway, I do seem to recall, as GM pointed out, that you were simply griping about how EN performed on your computer. I posted a valid question, to which you did not respond:

Did you submit a support ticket? Obviously, there's something going wrong on your end, since that is not the experience most people have, as you can see from perusing the message board. They can't help you if they don't know you're having a problem.

As far as any supposed "humor", the subject line you chose ("Evernote is like a hot girlfriend that treats you like *****"), is not only not funny, it's trollish & certainly considered rude in a public, business oriented, forum.

• Level 5

[edit]

If it really was a "simple metaphor and genuine question", I doubt ybakos would have pulled his comment.

• Level 5*

Assuming that the OP had a good point or question and was interested in getting an answer or good discussion, rather than stirring up controversy, the better course would have been for them to reword it, rather than deleting it.

We definitely have senses of humor, just not this kind. Topic title changed and forum locked. We welcome any and all feedback, just not the offensive kind.

Now might be a good time to reiterate our forum's general code of conduct, the first line of which states:

General Guidelines

The Evernote forums aim to foster constructive discussion. Be yourself, but please use this general rule of thumb: if you wouldn’t say it at the dinner table*, don’t say it here. We don’t mind snark and gibes, but don’t get hateful. Put another way: the golden rule applies here.

If anyone wants to read the entire thing, it's here, right under "How to Register": http://discussion.ev...ore&module=help

Archived