(Archived) Snippet View not Showing Correct Images

Ekow8

In my snippet view in a selected notebook, most of my images are what they are (and should be). However, for some - the image is displayed incorrectly. It is either previewed text in place of where an image should be, or another image entirely. Although this happens, the actual image is shown when the designated file is selected. So, I'm not that bothered about it. I would prefer the preview image to reflect what it really is though.

Any thoughts?

Possible fix - rebuild database?

• Level 5

Ekow8,

Please open your database folder (Tools/Options/General "Open database folder"), close Evernote (File/Exit) and delete .snippets files. It will be rebuilt when you start Evernote again.

/Peter

Ekow8,

Please open your database folder (Tools/Options/General "Open database folder"), close Evernote (File/Exit) and delete .snippets files. It will be rebuilt when you start Evernote again.

/Peter

or the .thumbnails file to reset thumbnails.

Slightly off topic however, what does user.linkedevents contain?

Ekow8,

/Peter

Perfect, thanks so much.

• Level 5

/Peter

Would this be a good practice to follow every 6 months or so?

• Level 5

Slightly off topic however, what does user.linkedevents contain?

.linkedevents file is a shared notebooks events log: it remembers note create/update/delete events in the shared notebooks your account is linked to. This information is not currently exposed in the UI.

/Peter

• Level 5

/Peter

.snippets and .thumbnails caches are maintained automatically, so there is no need for any additional maintenance procedures.

However, since cached snippets and thumbnails entries don't expire, you may reclaim some hard disk space by deleting these files at the cost of some fairly short time that will be spent regenerating snippets/thumbnails next time the note is shown in snippets or thumbnails view.

/Peter

• 1 year later...

/Peter

I would imagine that any software company worth their salt would fix a bug so serious in under 6 months.  Setting a reminder to purge the snippets file avoids the real issue.

• Level 5*

/Peter

I would imagine that any software company worth their salt would fix a bug so serious in under 6 months.  Setting a reminder to purge the snippets file avoids the real issue.
Are you experiencing the problem?

Archived