(Archived) No more *option* to view dates & other info???

soundsgoodtome

Idea

i sometimes need to see -- at a glance -- both the creation and modification dates of notes. in previous versions, we had the option to have this info displayed in a "header" above each note (in the right-hand pane). but it appears this has recently changed, and this info can now only be viewed by hitting ⇧⌘I on each and every note! there's no persistent setting to view this info always, without hitting the command.

dear developers, this is not an improvement. this is a step backward. :)

why would you remove functionality without at least giving us the option to view this info without having to issue a command, individually for each note?

please, please restore this functionality.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

i sometimes need to see -- at a glance -- both the creation and modification dates of notes. in previous versions, we had the option to have this info displayed in a "header" above each note (in the right-hand pane). but it appears this has recently changed, and this info can now only be viewed by hitting ⇧⌘I on each and every note! there's no persistent setting to view this info always, without hitting the command.

why would you remove functionality without at least giving us the option to view this info without having to issue a command, individually for each note?

View --> Show Note Info

It works for all of my notes.

View --> Show Note Info

It works for all of my notes.

what version are you using?

whatever the latest one is. i downloaded the app last month (on my ipad now, so cannot look). i can look it up for you tomorrow when i fire it up. what version are you using? do ou not have that option in the menu?

last month?! there've been updates since then. i'm running 3.0.6 beta 1. either you haven't run your updates or this is something they've changed in the beta builds (which you wouldn't see unless you've opted to download beta versions).

regardless of the exact date and time the change was made, it was in fact made. we can no longer permanently view the dates that notes were created/updated without issuing a command on each note. that data can no longer be permanently displayed as we move from note to note.

evernote, this is NOT an improvement. this is a horrific step backward. please restore this functionality.

• Level 5*

i don't know if i have been doing my updates. just haven't been paying attention. i don't know why evernote would remove this feature. i certainly hope they put it back. it's not a terribly improtant feature to me, but the situation you are describing doesn't seem like an improvement to me either.

Archived