(Archived) How do I log out?

shock3naw

Idea

????? Seriously, implement a true logout, your current system is broken. I emptied the fields in account info, but booting up the app just brings up a login window, and the evernote window along side it with all my personal things for anyone to see. Did you even test this? I had to create a new fake user just so it would clear my personal content.

7 replies to this idea

????? Seriously, implement a true logout, your current system is broken. I emptied the fields in account info, but booting up the app just brings up a login window, and the evernote window along side it with all my personal things for anyone to see. Did you even test this? I had to create a new fake user just so it would clear my personal content.

Did you search the board on the topic? I'm not Mac, but I think the Mac & Windows client works similarly in this respect. No, the system is not "broken". The login info is for sync'ing only. It's not an app/data security feature. IIRC, on Macs, you can only have one EN account per Mac account, which means when you switch between the two EN accounts in the manner you describe, all your data for the previous account will be wiped out & replaced with the info for the new (fake) account. (It will still be in the Evernote cloud.) This means that as you accumulate more & more notes, it will take longer to switch back to the non-fake account b/c it will need to download those notes from the Evernote cloud.

Please search the board if you want more info on the topic as it has already been discussed at great length.

Party on.

• Level 5*

That's the mall. There I will not go. I'll hit the "big city" (Portland), such as it is. It'll be crowded, but not that bad, downtown.

And as always, for last-minute emergency items, I can always hit up L.L. Bean's at 2am. It's pretty close by and always open...

Archived