(Archived) Feature Request - email tagging

I get a variety of email that I funnel to Evernote for future reference.

Generally this involves, 1) forwarding something from my email inbox to evernote 2) when the note posts on Evernote, I tag it accordingly.

I would like to be able to use 'pre-processor' commands so that the note when emailed to evernote (step 1), would eliminate the second step.

Something like #tag:tag1 #tag:tag2 #notebook:DailyNotes

The '#' can work as a pre-processor command for evernote. . this would save me a great deal of time since I would not have to in essence go to Evernote.

It should also save a lot of processing time on the Evernote servers, since I then don't have to go to evernote, open the note, tag it, move it to an appropriate notebook & then sync it.

That is already available:

https://support.evernote.com/link/portal/16051/16058/Article/547/Adding-content-to-Evernote-using-email

Also, Evernote allows you to designate the target notebook and tags for an emailed note in the email subject line. For example, if you wanted your emailed note to appear in your Cooking notebook, simply append "@Cooking" to the email subject (without the quotation marks). If you wanted to tag the note, just add tags to the email subject like this: #recipes #vegetarian #sometag. Note that if you want to designate the target notebook and tags using this method, you must place the notebook name before the tags.

Here is an example of the correct way to format the email subject using this syntax:

Authentic cornbread @Cooking #recipes #vegetarian #baking

Note that both the notebook designation and the tags appear at the end of the subject. Also, any notebook or tags added to the email subject must already exist in your Evernote account. Using the above example: assuming you didn't already have a tag "baking" in your Evernote account, the title of the note would contain "#baking" once it arrived in your Evernote account and that tag will not be applied. If you designate a non-existent notebook in the email subject, the note will be added to your default notebook.

• 8 months later...

Can new tags or notebooks be automatically created if they do not exist already?

Since you missed it...

That is already available:

https://support.ever...ote-using-email

Also, Evernote allows you to designate the target notebook and tags for an emailed note in the email subject line. For example, if you wanted your emailed note to appear in your Cooking notebook, simply append "@Cooking" to the email subject (without the quotation marks). If you wanted to tag the note, just add tags to the email subject like this: #recipes #vegetarian #sometag. Note that if you want to designate the target notebook and tags using this method, you must place the notebook name before the tags.

Here is an example of the correct way to format the email subject using this syntax:

Authentic cornbread @Cooking #recipes #vegetarian #baking

Note that both the notebook designation and the tags appear at the end of the subject. Also, any notebook or tags added to the email subject must already exist in your Evernote account. Using the above example: assuming you didn't already have a tag "baking" in your Evernote account, the title of the note would contain "#baking" once it arrived in your Evernote account and that tag will not be applied. If you designate a non-existent notebook in the email subject, the note will be added to your default notebook.

Archived