(Archived) About to give up on Evernote

I am beginning to become desperate. In my current setup Evernote just isn't reliable at all. I have a windows computer at work, a OSX laptop on the go and an iMac at home. I have setup Evernote as my GTD system with some notebooks and tags. Because of this setup I move items around in notebooks and also add and remove tags frequently. In my experience Evernote doesn't handle this moving around well.

To play on the safe side I always sync and close Evernote if I switch between computers but the changes are almost never in sync. The system is out of sync in both notebooks and also tags. Also I have seen duplicates every now and then.

I haven't experienced any lost notes yet but it just doesn't work to get the local and central copy in sync and keep them that way. So in the current state Evernote isn't suitable in a GTD setup IMHO. I doesn't offer me mind link water. For general reference and clipping it is a great product.

Am I alone in this or do more users have similar experience with the current beta?

I sure hope development will lead to a more stable product (syncing wise) because the concept is just beautiful.

Fk

Rae: Mind like water is a GTD term. I completely understand that it is a beta and I still love the product. I sure will stay on board but unlike Google Notebook (also in beta) Evernote has still a bit of ground to cover. Fk.

Rae: Mind like water is a GTD term. I completely understand that it is a beta and I still love the product. I sure will stay on board but unlike Google Notebook (also in beta) Evernote has still a bit of ground to cover. Fk.

Back when we had EN2.2 with a plethora of features that are now gone in EN3, it was a lousy PIM. Now it's a much lousier PIM. I'm happy for you that you figured it out.

Back when we had EN2.2 with a plethora of features that are now gone in EN3, it was a lousy PIM. Now it's a much lousier PIM. I'm happy for you that you figured it out.

Well salgud, nobody is forcing me to use Evernote :-) The feature set and the simplicity is really great in my opinion. After some more fiddling around I haven't seen sync issues in the notebook section.

I have found that tag syncing especially when doing a lot of changes is not stable enough and will likely give errors. My GTD setup is now only using notebooks and some saved searches and that seems to work OK.

So I'll stick to Evernote for now. A nice feature I wasn't aware of is that in case of a double edit both entries are saved in a separate place.

Fk

Archived