(Archived) Need a "Hidden Notebook"

I regularly use Evernote to record my digital life, but have a problem that it seems others also experience too...

I usually keep Evernote open on my screen in the "All Notebooks" view most of the day, but it's embarrassing that people walking past my computer can see clips from my personal diary right-alongside my work/technical research, etc.

It would be REALLY REALLY useful to be able to select a default view that doesn't include notes from selected (private/personal) workbooks. Whether this is implemented as a "Semi-Hidden Workbooks" feature or simply a "Selected Notebooks" view in-addition to the "All Notes" view would not be important.

PLEASE LISTEN, EVERNOTE DEVELOPERS - WE NEED SOME WAY TO GIVE SOME SIMPLE SEPARATION OF OUR PRIVATE AND BUSINESS LIVES

Regards,

Michael

• Level 5

You can simply change your display mode to "List view", pull the List View pane down, towards the bottom of your screen. Nobody can really read your notes "while walking by".

Wern

• Level 5*
PLEASE LISTEN, EVERNOTE DEVELOPERS - WE NEED SOME WAY TO GIVE SOME SIMPLE SEPARATION OF OUR PRIVATE AND BUSINESS

Then get yourself two accounts, one for business, and one for personal. If you really, really need to see something from your personal life at work, or vice versa, you can always use the web client to do so.

Or just don't look at your personal stuff at work. It's very simple to filter that out.

Thanks for your suggestions guys - someone suggested I put my personal/private stuff into an Evernote Stack (ie: titled "Personal"), and everything else into another stack titled "General". This will be adequate for me.

I don't like Wern's idea of going to list-views - the titles still give away too much personal info. (Besides not so well-suited to the web interface which I'm stuck-with at work.)

Jefito's dual-account suggestion is a good one, but I don't quite require that level of isolation.

Jefito I'm curious what you mean by "it's very simple to filter that out"? Do you mean using Stacks like I mentioned above, or is there some other filtering functionality I'm unaware-of?

• Level 5*
Jefito I'm curious what you mean by "it's very simple to filter that out"? Do you mean using Stacks like I mentioned above, or is there some other filtering functionality I'm unaware-of?

Stacks or notebooks, whichever method works better for you.

• 1 year later...

Archived