Keyboard shortcut to change note's notebook?

vitalyb

Do I have to use the mouse?

Yeah. As far as I can see. I usually use the Notebook dropdown control at top right of the Note View pane to move a single note. Otherwise multi-select notes and drag & drop to notebook in left pane.

• 2 months later...

Assuming you are in windows, Holding Alt + N, then V takes you to the menu item for moving a note. I assume there is a similar process for Mac.

For Android, When editing the note then press the Notebook button above the keyboard. Or when viewing a list of notes press and hold then select "Move to Notebook". again i assume it's similar for iOS

• 2 years later...

It's been a while, but it seems the issue still hasn't been addressed, so just wanted to reiterate the need for this, as well as offer a workaround:

As with all other missing keyboard shortcut functions, AHK is the solution, and based on the suggestion above, this will do it:

#IfWinActive ahk_class ENSingleNoteViewF4::Send !nv#IfWinActivereturn#IfWinActive ahk_class ENMainFrameF4::Send !nv#IfWinActivereturn

Hope this helps.

What is the quickest way to add a new note to a specific notebook without using the mouse?

Ideally I'd like to be able to press the keyboard shortcut to bring up the quick note window (Ctrl + Alt  + N) and type a new note such as "@groceries pepperoni #pizza" where groceries is the notebook, pepperoni is the content, and pizza is the tag. Is this not possible?

• 2 weeks later...

What is the quickest way to add a new note to a specific notebook without using the mouse?

Ideally I'd like to be able to press the keyboard shortcut to bring up the quick note window (Ctrl + Alt  + N) and type a new note such as "@groceries pepperoni #pizza" where groceries is the notebook, pepperoni is the content, and pizza is the tag. Is this not possible?

This would be amazing!

Archived