Merging notes on the iPad

ikepigott

Idea

75 replies to this idea

It’s a silly question to ask people to vote for!

Merging notes is a standard feature on my Mac so why would I expect it to be absent from my iPad! I think Evernote should stop playing delaying tactics and introduce this feature immediately. I don’t expect to pay for premium membership to Evernote and then use third party apps for additional missing features absent on iOS devices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I use evernote with my chemistry students who all have iPads. For their labs, they have graphs, text documents and images that are created on apps that send them to evernote, but in separate notes. They need to be able to combine all the notes for one lab into a single note...so being able to merge notes with the ipad app would be VERY useful for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, Toldio said:

So despite what Tim Cook says about the IPad replacing the laptop, it's not going to happen until the apps catch up.

I agree. Evernote iOS falls far short of Evernote Mac.  And it is not just the apps that need to catch up, the iOS needs to be much more flexible that it is now.  Until the iOS supports a common file storage accessible by all apps, it will remain very constrained.  

The iPad Pro (with keyboard) will work as a replacement for many people, but certainly now all.  A MacBook Air 13-in has about the same size and weight as an iPad Pro, yet it comes with a great keyboard, and many times the capability of the iPad.  I sincerely doubt I'll ever trade my MBA-13 for an iPad Pro.

• Like 1
On February 2, 2016 at 11:44 AM, annah said:

Merging notes on iOS is indeed not yet available, but I definitely understand why it would be a useful addition, especially on iPad/iPad Pro. I'm moving this to the 'Feedback' section to enable the voting feature. 

How can I vote for this? I'm new here and this feature request is huge for me. 

With an IPad Pro, I can do many of the things I've done on my MacBook Pro.  But if I want to merge files on Evernote, for example, I can't. So despite what Tim Cook says about the IPad replacing the laptop, it's not going to happen until the apps catch up.  

• Like 1

March 2018 and I just lost 15min of my life trying to merge some notes on my iPad Pro...

Now I read that - thank god - i am not to dumb to perform this, but ... what the heck... it is not possible??

So I want to renew the request for 2018!

Developers, please listen...

• Thanks 1

I agree, this has been a pain point for me for years. I just came across this thread and voted for the idea. This is very important functionality especially if you're mainly on iOS and sending various things to iOS Evernote via share sheets, then need to consolidate into one note. 

Please implement this feature!

• Like 1

Spot on Avi.  I tend to send multiple screen shots on the same topic to evernote.    Since I use Evernote for everything, the screenshots are never one after another, so I  then I have to hunt for them on my iMac to merge them.   I do not understand why we can’t drag one note into another note to merge.  I am in the technology industry, I confess I am no programmer, but I don’t understand why after multiple years this has not been addressed.   

• Like 2
On December 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM, ikepigott said:

Maybe I am just missing it, but is there a way to merge notes on the iPad?

Right now I add a series of notes I want to merge and tag them with reminders so that when I sit down at my computer I'll remember to merge them. 

I really would like to see a merge-notes capability in the iOS version — not just for iPad!

On 3/19/2018 at 8:31 PM, Wajahat said:

It’s a silly question to ask people to vote for!

Merging notes is a standard feature on my Mac so why would I expect it to be absent from my iPad! I think Evernote should stop playing delaying tactics and introduce this feature immediately. I don’t expect to pay for premium membership to Evernote and then use third party apps for additional missing features absent on iOS devices

You are so right!

• Like 1

I am not sure how this request can be officially submitted to Evernote. If you are writing any form of Longford text using Evernote it is essential. Until it is available on IOS the iPad will not become a computer replacement. People have bee requesting it for a long time now. Does anyone actually listen to paying customers?

• Like 1

I have been an evernote Premium customer for a long time.   

Merge is a feature that should have been added years ago.   Why hasn’t this simple request been addressed.   I don’t think this forum thread is accurately depicting how much of an issue this is for folks that have adapted Evernote for their daily lives on an IOS device.   I can go months without touching my Macbook or iMac   

I wonder if this request is not being treated with priority because it started December 2011.   Maybe we need to start a new request.  

Everyone, please send to other Evernote users you may know, and ask them to vote on this forum and just type a very short message “Need Merge Feature on iPad”.    Maybe we need more noise to wake up the powers that be.  I too am guilty of not taking action.  I search this topic every month just to find nothing is being done.   Unfortunately this is my first official entry.  Shame on me :)

• Like 3

This merging feature really needs to be implemented on iOS it is fundamental. I have been a dedicated Evernote paid user Since 2010, I have wanted this feature since I started. At first I thought I was just missing how to do it on iOS, I could not believe it was not possible. So I have been living with the situation. This is the first time I have been on this forum in a long time and I scanned this thread and just shaking my head. 

Please get this done, it’s clearly needed.     Thanks,     Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey there is this famous slogan - there is an app for that!

Unfortunately you can't do this in the Evernote client, but if you need the functionality I found an app called MoveEver that allows you to move multiple notes, add and remove tags from multiple notes and also merge notes. They also have a special app called MergeEver, which can do more fancy merging, but I never use that.

I am not associated with them - I found the app when I was looking for a way to merge notes just like you. It costs some money, but I found it pretty useful on several occasions.

• Like 3

It's a shame that we lost the support for the ipad. We have the last years no significant development on the ipad. Otherwise a bunch of bugs... 

I use evernote only on ipad with a trackpad - try to get back with the ipad via magic trackpad you have no chance, because the target area is wrong - every time the cursor jump too far left - see the screenshot - there is no good external support --- only marketing blabla... 

image.jpeg

Edited by tomtommac
attach picture
9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The whole thread is pre-v10.

So if there is something technical, maybe better to start a new one.

Sure it is disappointing that the mobile clients still only work at one note at a time. This is at the core of no multi-tagging, multi-moving or merging. Since they keep all mobile clients close together (like releasing the same features for all clients at the same time), I don’t expect such a fundamental change in the way the Mobil app treats note interaction any time soon.

Would be a really useful feature, and a strong selling point.

... but the merge feature still is only available on the desktop app, correct? 

Please deal with this thread as you wish. I have not posted in years best I can remember, this is very old and I got a message today out of the blue and I decided to check in on it. Glad to close the conversation if you want.     Thanks,    Dave

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Helene c said:

and make it easier to vote as well

Voting buttons for the feature request  are at the top left corner of the discussion.1824777949_ScreenShot2018-08-20at13_20_11.png.dd07d6dbdafd664eb4ddbff218f70c5c.png

Ignore the voting buttons on individual posts.  They're a distracting feature that came with the forum software.

So here we are 7 years after this conversation started. Why hasn’t this feature been implemented yet?

I am an Evernote advocate on my community/family. I try to get everybody on  board... but to be honest I’ve been felling I made the wrong choice to invest so much time and trust on this system. It feels like evernote is stuck on time. There are no great improvements, no dark mode...

Merging notes on iOS is a basic feature requested 7 years ago....

Disappointed.

• Thanks 2

I‘m angry... this is 2 Years old and now we have IPad Pro and i can‘t use it, because there are not merge notes... i think i should don‘t wait longer ... this is essential... and we get some other stuff like beta gui :(... 

On 8/20/2014 at 10:33 PM, jdgarber said:

Thanks Palladion. I bought MergeEver2 which is optimized for ios7 ($1.99) and it works great - merges notes that appear just like a desktop merge. Worth the money and more for a heavy iPad Evernote user.

Bear offers note merging. 

On 2/21/2019 at 11:09 AM, Gregula said:

Bear offers note merging. 

I tried Bear out for a while... I think it is a great app. But to be honest, I am using Evernote  for all my documents, receipts, all my payment stuff... anyways, It is not easy to replace a system that you've invested so much time on and have over 3600 notes. Isn't it supposed to be your digital brain? brains are not easy to replace. 

Well, at least we have dark mode now. First time I posted on this thread we didn't. It was Aug 2018

This is really sad.  We are the users that stuck it out with Evernote when most folks never heard of them.   Being a leader in the IT industry, I have converted 100’s of users to Evernote.  I have been one of their biggest evangelists.   All we are asking for is something we should have had years ago.  Like many I am heavily invested in Evernote, but I was also 100% invested in MAC, until recently.  Hello, Alexa and compatible smart home gadgets.

I guess the powers that be at Evernote are answering us by not answering, but we are too loyal and stubborn to hear their silence.  

I for one am beginning my search for an alternative to Evernote.  Never could get my wife to use it anyway.  Maybe there is a better app than Evernote for organization, projects, lists and going paperless!  

Let the search begin.  All suggestions are welcomed. 

Regards,

jeff

• Ex Employees

We definitely hear you!

I know this has been a long-requested feature, for good reason. While I don't have any firm details to offer at the moment, I wanted to drop in to to confirm that we are reading these comments, and that implementing a merge notes option is on our radar. The team is looking into how to make this happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

This would clearly be among the TOP 3 issues to be added to the iOS app.

With today’s iPad-power, it should be no problem to achieve this - even if it would be restricted to offline notebooks for the availability of the notes on the device. Even better would be to execute the merge on the cloud server, and send the result back to the iOS as a copy.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

With today’s iPad-power, it should be no problem to achieve this - even if it would be restricted to offline notebooks for the availability of the notes on the device. Even better would be to execute the merge on the cloud server, and send the result back to the iOS as a copy.

Any reason for an offline notebook restriction?

The notes will be merged on the device and a new note created.  The old notes will be moved to trash.   All changes will be sync'd to the server.

Annah,

I understand running a cloud app service is not easy, especially with the many operating systems it needs to work with.  What I don’t understand is, wouldn’t 90%+ of the day to day usage be from a smart phone or tablet?   Knowing this, why does notes merge keep getting pushed down the priority list, behind other hgher priority topics?   I would think there are teams dealing with bugs 24x7, the same as all app service providers.  Then there is probably a team dealing with customer demand for “more”, battling with the bug team saying give us a chance to stabilize the platform.  But at the end of the day, how does a capability like merge notes on IOS, get pushed to the bottom of the pile month after month, for multiple years?   Are you telling me the night feature was in bigger demand, or was it just an easier one to deliver?   While I appreciate you responding, your response is no different from the one we got many years ago.  Please help us understand how this one capability is less of a priority than tables, or others the users are asking for?   

Thanks,

Jeff

• Level 5

Up to now, there is only one note on the i-device at any time. All the rest is preview (headers and mini-pics), the notes are loaded on demand, one by one. The only exception in the current app are offline notebooks, these are fully loaded to the device. But up to now they can not be handled there other than the online notes, so it is only availability, not the handling that distinguishes the offline notes.

So without rebuilding the app, I see this two ways:

- Use the local device, make the notes to be joined available locally = offline, merge it, sync into the cloud

- Use the cloud base, send a merge command from the i-device to the cloud server, merge in the cloud, resync to the device

Probably I am thinking at this moment too much about the „how“ and not the „where to“. Once an engineer, always an engineer !

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Up to now, there is only one note on the i-device at any time. All the rest is preview (headers and mini-pics), the notes are loaded on demand, one by one.

There's not a one note limit.
The merge notes are selected from the "preview", the note list.
If the notes are not available, they are downloaded from the server.

• Level 5
4 minutes ago, Jeffsky said:

Are you telling me the night feature was in bigger demand, or was it just an easier one to deliver? 

Maybe the real engineers where busy fighting other fires, whereas the artistic community needed some work to fill their 9-to-5-billing hours 😎

Pink Elephant, while I am sure you are a quality engineer, trying to find easier ways for Evernote to roll out a long overdue capability, the last thing they need is for us telling them how to do it.  I am sure they have or could get the proper devlopers to work on this.  The issue is usually financial  constraints, not lack of knowledge.   Maybe the Evernote owners are fat dumb and happy, trying to spend as little as possible, not wanting to cut into the profits, assuiming there are profits.  Or, they are squeaking by or possibly still running in the red, which I doubt with the number of Premium users they have enrolled.  There is no business more profitable than a software company selling licenses.  Highest margin biz in IT.    The toughest part is growing the user base over multiple years.  Once the base is established they are printing money, until which time they wake up and find a new kid on the block is walking in their doors to shut their lights.    Then, its too late to deliver Merge!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@ DTLow : At the moment, the iOS app will open and ask whether the full content should be downloaded. This happens one by one.

If you pick more than one note from the left column (point, hold and lift the first one with on finger, click the next ones with an other finger), you can group some together. But they will fall apart when you lift your finger, no actions are available on the group.

My impression is that regardless of cloud or local notebook, the iOS app is always holding exactly one note as active, all the rest is only header and preview. When another is picked, the content of the first one is erased from memory.

Maybe I am old, but I would have voted for merge before dark mode.  

On another note, Evernote seems to be freezing on my ipad lately.   Anyone else see any performance issues of late?

They were cash flow positive for the first time in 2017.   That didn’t last long!  See below:

In February 2017, CEO O'Neill stated in a blog post that the business was now cash-flow positive.[8] Sequoia Capital, one of Evernote's equity owners, said, "It's great when a company starts to raise non-dilutive capital every day, which is called revenue."[8]

In August 2018, Chief Technical Officer Anirban Kundu, Chief Financial Officer Vincent Toolan, Chief Product Officer Erik Wrobel, and head of HR Michelle Wagner left the company.[25] Wrobel and Wagner both joined in 2016.[26] On September 18, 2018, 54 employees—about 15 percent of the workforce—were laid off.[27] In a blog post, O'Neill said, "After a successful 2017, I set incredibly aggressive goals for Evernote in 2018. Though we have steadily grown, we committed too many resources too quickly. We built up areas of our business in ways that have proven to be inefficient. Going forward, we are streamlining certain functions, like sales, so we can continue to speed up and scale others, like product development and engineering."[28]

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Jeffsky said:

They were cash flow positive for the first time in 2017.   That didn’t last long!  See below:

I've seen no reports that Evernote is no longer "cash flow positive"

My guess is there's limited funding for development and work has to be prioritzed.

If there is not much fund for development on a software company, we will see the end of Evernote soon. There is no survival in this business without development.

I hope they understand this... Anyways, still trying to hope for the best. 

I don’t know if they are cash flow positive, but our (consumer) problem will be their focus on Salesforce and other B2B opportunities.  We are onsie, twosies.  B2B could be 10’s of millions.   One loud voice vesus many small (us) ones.  The question will be twofold.  1. Can they focus on B2B and consumer at the same time?  Doubtful.   2. Will they even care about retail if B2B is sucessful?  

And the positive third-fold is, will we benefit from a B2B windfall?  Doubtful.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:21 AM, annah said:

We definitely hear you!

I know this has been a long-requested feature, for good reason. While I don't have any firm details to offer at the moment, I wanted to drop in to to confirm that we are reading these comments, and that implementing a merge notes option is on our radar. The team is looking into how to make this happen.

If I could add my voice to this also... this is a feature that has been available for years (in a basic but effective manner) in the separate (unrelated) app called MergeEver, which has been a lifesaver as I’ve moved more and more on to the iPad. I’m now using the larger screen (12.9-inch) iPad Pro and with the upcoming release of iOS13 and the extra multitasking features mooted for it, I will be doing most of my work on the iPad). I’ve been a heavy user of Evernote for many years, but always found it lacking in iOS. I have had to keep going back to the desktop computer to do my merging of related content. And I do a lot of this. It would be wonderful to finally achieve feature parity with the desktop version (I’m on Mac) but even if this cannot be done, the ability to merge notes really is a crucial feature. If MergeEver could do this on iOS years ago, why is it taking so long for Evernote itself to incorporate the feature? The ability to merge multiple notes is one of the main reasons I moved to Evernote in the first place (on the desktop). Please push this feature up your priority list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
On 3/11/2019 at 7:21 PM, annah said:

We definitely hear you!

Aaaaaand two months have passed and still nothing. Honestly, this probably even more aggravating than had they simply ignored this thread....  

On 4/26/2019 at 4:22 AM, Spongey said:

If I could add my voice to this also... this is a feature that has been available for years (in a basic but effective manner) in the separate (unrelated) app called MergeEver, which has been a lifesaver as I’ve moved more and more on to the iPad. I’m now using the larger screen (12.9-inch) iPad Pro and with the upcoming release of iOS13 and the extra multitasking features mooted for it, I will be doing most of my work on the iPad). I’ve been a heavy user of Evernote for many years, but always found it lacking in iOS. I have had to keep going back to the desktop computer to do my merging of related content. And I do a lot of this. It would be wonderful to finally achieve feature parity with the desktop version (I’m on Mac) but even if this cannot be done, the ability to merge notes really is a crucial feature. If MergeEver could do this on iOS years ago, why is it taking so long for Evernote itself to incorporate the feature? The ability to merge multiple notes is one of the main reasons I moved to Evernote in the first place (on the desktop). Please push this feature up your priority list. 

I was just going to chime in to stress the importance of this feature - especially with the upcoming features on iOS 13/iPadOS - so eloquently discussed in the quote above. 

The iPad is now (in beta - will be officially in September with the final release to the public) a desktop class piece of tech. And it desperately needs some of the desktop features over on iOS. I’m about to face a difficult decision. See, I’ve been using the iPad Pro as my only device now for 6 months. And, simultaneously, I’m trying to go “all in” with Evernote as my everything “online vault” for going completely paperless - including all my important scanned documents. But, without a few key features like merging notes, moving attachments from one note to another, etc, Evernote just isn’t usable on iOS as a primary note app/vault. This is a critical feature. 

Case in point, I use a Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 to scan directly to Evernote. I use their cloud scan feature so that I don’t have to use a desktop computer at all. The setup does a great job of scanning and applying OCR to the files then sending them to EN. However, they do 1 receipt/note or 1 doc/note. Sometimes, one needs to merge all of those receipts into a single note for simplicity and organization. But this isn’t currently possible on iOS. 

So, unless Evernote rectifies this, I find myself with a difficult decision: Do I keep a laptop around that I’m otherwise not using at all, simply to be able to organize Evernote notes for features that are missing in iOS, or do I look elsewhere for an online vault that will actually have feature parity between the versions? I’m about to put in a massive amount of work scanning in years and years of paper documents into Evernote but it makes it a much less enticing project with major features like this missing. And, it’s been requested since 2011 - for EIGHT YEARS! With all the growth that EN has experienced and with iPad/iPhone adoption skyrocketing over that time, this vital feature has not been added in all that time. Is this something that will, perhaps, be available with the advent of two instances of the same app open side by side on the iPad? Maybe drag and drop onto a note to merge? Without EN having to actually implement the feature?

Surely, the Evernote team sees the frustration of not having almost any real features added in the last several years. I know you’re working on the stability of the product now, and I’ve watched the videos on that. It’s vital to do that. But, to be honest, that should have been in place the last few years. I know the team knows that and they’re trying to rectify that. But after innovating so much initially, there has been almost complete stagnation for new features (or existing features from desktop apps included in iOS/iPadOS) - save for a much hyped new logo that was apparently agonized over by those in the company. I’m honestly not trying to be a jerk saying these things. But as Premium/Pro paying customers, we’re just desperate to have everything work as it should. We shouldn’t have a lesser experience on Evernote because we choose to use an iPad. In fact, part of why I switched over to iPhone/iPad was because Evernote was so darn slow at adding features to their Android apps vs the EN apps on Apple products. And now, that’s not continued.

Please, bring this feature (and moving attachments to another note) to iOS/iPadOS. Please! And some of the doc preview/PDF preview that is available in the desktop software. Basically, we desperately need more feature parity between iOS/iPadOS and the desktop products. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, Raeve said:

I’ve been using the iPad Pro as my only device  ...  Do I keep a laptop around that I’m otherwise not using at all

The iPad works as my only mobile device.  I replaced my laptop with a desktop device; a Mac Mini.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, DTLow said:

The iPad works as my only mobile device. 

No phone?  I'm just the opposite, I use a phone and laptop and skip the iPad and desktop.  I've had desktops and tried one version of the iPad but for now the phone and laptop mix is working for me.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

No phone?

No phone device.  I use a VOIP service (Fongo) on my iPad

I tried using phones as tablets, but decided the mid-sized iPad is optimum

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

No phone.  I use a VOIP service (Fongo) on my iPadI

So you are off the grid except when you are near wifi.  Interesting but I'm not quite ready for that yet.  I wouldn't mind losing the phone bill though.

• Level 5

The only reference I could find is sort of a github post (not on github) that the project was started 6 years ago.

And there is an archived thread in the forum (from 2013) that explains that it does NOT merge notes. It was more sort of a template editor, that allowed to create a preset and merge your thoughts into that style.

Cold case, i would say.

• Level 5

It is not what we want ...

EN has focused its efforts in the last year on working its way through the aged code and data base. IOS 13 has practically not taken place in EN: No support for 2 sessions in split view, no support for trackpad and mouse etc. Probably staff is working on the new setup, and will skip this iOS release.

For me there are signs that things will roll out soon: A new web clipper for Safari (MacOS) was just released, other apps are in beta testing.

So I will wait and see ....

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

The only reference I could find is sort of a github post (not on github) that the project was started 6 years ago.

And there is an archived thread in the forum (from 2013) that explains that it does NOT merge notes. It was more sort of a template editor, that allowed to create a preset and merge your thoughts into that style.

Cold case, i would say.

No, three years ago I successfully used it. I traveled with iPad for 2 months, and it was a life saver, since I created many notes during each day and then merged them into one. 

Now my desktop computer is broken and unavailable until August, so I am back on iPad again, and it’s amazing how bad Evernote app for iOS is. Without other apps like MergeEver it’s almost unusable. 

Another thing I miss is the possibility to change creation date, but I can’t recall the name of the app that allowed me to do that.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

OK, they did not advertise much, since I was not able to find web sites talking about it. Probably most is in Japanese, which will not show in a standard google search.

Most likely it was economically not successful, so they did not keep up with iOS-Upgrade cycles. If the app is no longer compatible with the current iOS versions, it may be skipped from the App Store. There is a way to load old iOS apps that you purchased way ago, but only on devices that still support them, with older iOS.

I am sorry, bu I cannot call this anything else, but a disgrace. What objective reason can there be for ignoring a very speific and concrete feature request for YEARS!? 

And that’s at the time when resources are spent on ridiculour ‘face-lifting’ exercises... 

If it has something to do with engineering challanges, people here at the very least owed a detailed explanation by an insider developer, not useless SMM posts by ‘community managers’.

I know I am angry here, but I have been a faithful paying customer for many years, and now I am being promted to pay more just to make an ios app home page actually usable. This is a joke. 

• Level 5

Sure it is disappointing that the mobile clients still only work at one note at a time. This is at the core of no multi-tagging, multi-moving or merging. Since they keep all mobile clients close together (like releasing the same features for all clients at the same time), I don’t expect such a fundamental change in the way the Mobil app treats note interaction any time soon.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

... but the merge feature still is only available on the desktop app, correct? 

• Level 5

Merging is a multi-note operation, that does not work on mobile because they only allow the client to work on a single note.

Hard to understand, I have my whole EN database downloaded for offline use, so everything is already on the device.

The client just makes no use of it.

So yes, for heavy lifting it is still the desktop app.

51 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Merging is a multi-note operation, that does not work on mobile because they only allow the client to work on a single note.

Hard to understand, I have my whole EN database downloaded for offline use, so everything is already on the device.

The client just makes no use of it.

So yes, for heavy lifting it is still the desktop app.

Hardly a convincing excuse. If iOS has some limitations, just tether this function to the cloud. I can log into EN from the same iOS devices and get the exact same interface/functionality that I do in the mobile app. Which tells me that it can all be done in the cloud. Perhaps it would be slower - I don’t mind that (it is not that fast anyway, now). But keeping the mobile version inferior for so many years is unexcusable... 

• Level 5

Unexcusable is one of this amazing words, that get smaller and smaller the closer you get to it. There are things in life that may fall into this category - the function (or the missing of a function) of an app clearly does not fall into it.

I call this inability a nuisance. It has design reasons, maybe even strategic reasons (there are many software companies that keep the mobile apps  lean & mean). I would for sure appreciate the possibility to do more on my iPad, and hope it will be implemented one day.

There was improvement on the web client, so maybe they will enable something like this server side one day.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, triodaved said:

it would be reasonable for Evernote to make a statement about it. 

I suspect you won't be happy with No, merged notes is not the priority at this time

I've added my vote to the request, but accept there's other priorities