(Archived) Local file links does not support Chinese

Joe Zhou

Hello,

Is there anyone who have the experience working with file names including Chinese characters?

When I trying to insert a local file link with Chinese characters in the path or the file names ,it won't work.

Please help to solve this problem.

I had a problem earlier with my Evernote titles that were in Japanese. The characters didn't display properly and instead showed up as boxes. I was able to fix this by going to Windows Update and under optional updates I installed Japanese language support. (My operating system is Windows 7).

Maybe doing the same and installing Chinese language support will fix your problem.

Grimmknuckle,

Thanks for your reply!

My operating system is also Windows 7 and had Chinese language support installed.Everything works good and the characters can be displayed properly only when I'm trying to link some local files with the file name has Chinese characters, i can't open the documents when I'm clicking the links.Very strange.

I had a problem earlier with my Evernote titles that were in Japanese. The characters didn't display properly and instead showed up as boxes. I was able to fix this by going to Windows Update and under optional updates I installed Japanese language support. (My operating system is Windows 7).

Maybe doing the same and installing Chinese language support will fix your problem.

Maxikk,

Thanks for your reply.

I made two files in my local dropbox folder. one with Chinese characters"文件", and another is only in English, The first link has no action when I click it while the second one working properly. please check the following picture. thanks.

63437.png

Joe,

Could you, please, post an example of the file path that you place in the link dialog?

Thanks,

Max

yup, i experienced the same problem just now, a little bit of search in the forum led me to this thread

after changing the file name from Chinese to English, the local link works now in my Evernote.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

PS.. You can also create shortcut to that file and copy the shortcut to Evernote, clicking on the shortcut will automatically open the file, too.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived