6 Apps To Help You Study & Get Through the End-of-Semester Stress

rtoledo

http://bostinno.com/2011/12/04/6-apps-to-help-you-study-get-through-the-end-of-semester-stress/

Evernote — For those who hate lugging around their laptop, Evernote is the perfect solution. Any note, web clip, file or image you save can be made available on any device you use, from an iPhone to an iPad, or even your home computer. The free app (yes, you heard it: free), allows users to create notes, clip webpages, store PDFs and snap photos, all while using tags to organize the content into various notebooks. Perfect for group projects, you can use Evernote to share files with friends, as well as create schedules and to-do lists.

• 8 months later...

I'm convinced if I had today's technology available to me in school, I would have been a much better student. ;)

Methinks that the technology might make you a better student, but it would also give you abundant opportunity to apply your efforts to non-student activity...

• Level 5*

Sure. A pencil and paper could be used to take notes, or to doodle. Students have a choice, and choosing is part of the educational experience. It's the teacher's job to help guide them to making healthy choices that are good for them, whether it is Evernote or pencil and paper.

In a world inundating us with information, it pays to learn early on how to manage and organize it for your own benefit. Evernote can be a powerful tool for focusing student attention on something productive that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. I sure wish that I would've had it growin up.

Heh. The state of the art when I was in school was index cards, Monroe mechanical calculators and mutliplex slide rules.

Oh yeah, And keypunched batch submissions in the computer lab. No terminal access for anyone before grad school.

Archived