(Archived) Setting the sender address

jemostrom

Idea

I just discovered the "share by email" feature - it seems useful but ... there is always a but :) ... I use Evernote for keeping track of several different roles I have. For these roles I use three different email addresses (and two different email clients!) and a fourth to actually register accounts etc (this email address is something I only use for registrations). Unfortunately Evernote uses the registration address when sending emails, I would like to be able to select the proper sender address depending on why I'm sending this mail. Is this possible to do in some way? I couldn't find info about that in forums or the knowledge base.

5 replies to this idea

After looking into this- 'enabling users to set sender address' will not be on the near term roadmap I'm afraid.

The best work around for users is to go in and change the email address associated with their Evernote account into an address that you are comfortable with having as a sender. You can do this in Evernote Web > Settings > Personal settings.

• Level 5*

After looking into this- 'enabling users to set sender address' will not be on the near term roadmap I'm afraid.

Why don't you just open up an email compose window of the default mail app, like every other Windows and Mac app I have used?

For a lot of us, this would be Outlook, where the user can then easily choose the From, TO, CC, etc fields.

Archived