Who do you donate to?

I recognize this isn't really a holiday thing for many people, but it does amp up during the holiday season due to donating prior to end of tax season and that happy holiday giving spirit that everyone skips about with.

I used to be a corporate philanthropy guy, so I've got a pretty extensive list I pull from year-round--but during the holidays, does anyone do volunteerism or specific gift giving? I usually roll with these during the holidays:

- Toys for Tots or local toy drive

- Santa Run (5k, everyone dresses up as Santa)

- Not really a holiday gift, but I try to load up and register for all of my event-based contributions near the end of the year. I do the MS150, a few Dallas-based rides and runs, and register for all of them the year before, calendar them, etc. Both for training purposes and just to get registrations out of the way.

If you really want to get into the weeds, I can give year round contribution projects, but that would probably get pretty boring. :wacko: Anyone do any interesting giving over the holidays?

We give monthly to various organizations. (American Heart Assoc, American Lung Assoc, American Cancer Society, Salvation Army, Humane Society, Habitat for Humanity, St. Jude's, some of the local health agencies, etc.) But at Christmas time, I can't walk buy a Salvation Army bell ringer w/o dropping in something b/c my father never would pass by them without donating something. I don't usually carry much cash. So sometimes, it's a bit embarrassing digging around the bottom & pockets of my tote. :wacko:

But at Christmas time, I can't walk buy a Salvation Army bell ringer w/o dropping in something b/c my father never would pass by them without donating something. I don't usually carry much cash. So sometimes, it's a bit embarrassing digging around the bottom & pockets of my tote. :)

Realized my original post didn't sound right...

Archived