(Archived) HOWTO: Fix Evernote for Windows Mobile Certificate Issue

I have been unable to use the Windows Mobile client as of this morning -- it says:

"Error occurred while interacting with Evernote Service: The connection with the server was reset Error: 0x00100006."

It worked fine just last night.

I've been getting the same message for about two days. I thought that it might be my phone or the internet service, but I've done everything to reset the phone and service connection. Both internet browsing and e-mail are working on it.

Full message:

Alert

Error occurred while interacting with Evernote Service: The connection with the server was reset Error: 0x00100006.

I really wish I wasn't so damned dependent on Evernote. I put everything in it instead of winMo natve notes. Travelling cross country and cannot access any of the notes for this trip. Lesson learned. So frustrating! And support just blames my ISP _ the ISP I am having no trouble posting this through.

Me too...EXACT same error message. I have reset everything. Uninstalled and re-installed. I cannot login anymore.

As of 2 days ago it worked fine, but no more. My phone is ok in any other ways and the internet works in all my other applications.

We need help here.

Premium support ignored the fact that I stated all other Internet worked and told me it was a temporary outage of my ISP. They haven't responded to my follow up correspondence.

allen -

Premium support escalated your report and we've been spending a lot of time looking into this. They didn't have anything else to tell you yet because we're having a hard time reproducing this from any computers in California.

For people who are seeing this problem, where are you connecting from? I.e. what region of the world?

Thank_dave. Would be nice if support would even just say it was escalated/being looked into so I don't have to go to the forums for that information.

Yesterday I was inPensylvania (USA). Now in Ohio. It did work in PA without issie prior.

My carrier is US Cellular but I'm not sure whose towers I'm oln. Been roaming in PA for months now.

We found a networking problem yesterday morning that we believe was affecting mobile clients and overseas users. We switched over to a different set of network hardware and believe that you should be able to connect without errors now.

Thanks for the reports

Support answered my request within 12 hours and said they had found a problem in some countries.

It worked again may 2nd, may 3 and today, may 4th it stopped again.

I have made another support inquiry about it but this is annoying. I have a Premium account. I live in Canada and my provider is Rogers Communications.

From the posts above I see that Spain, the USA, Canada and the UK are affected. I don't know of which country they were talking about over in support, but those are major areas with a large client base.

This needs to be fixed.

We're not currently seeing the same types of network errors on the service side that we saw last week. (Previously, we were seeing many network connections being "reset", which is not happening now.)

jfouellette - if you are still seeing connection errors right now, this problem may be more localized to your device or network. Could you try again? It would be useful if you also tried going to our mobile web interface: http://www.evernote.com/m

Started to work again this afternoon but i was not home to post back.

Login in to web interface from PC or phon browser always worked, today and last week during the initial problem. The error was only in the mobile client.

Today must have been a momentary fluke...seems it is resovled. I'm crossing my fingers, hahaha!

Thanks for the quick reply. We depend so much on this note system.

Yes, last week's issue seemed to be related to clients that were connecting via slower (high-latency) network connections. This means that computers in North America were usually fine, but mobile phones would drop connections. Computers from Europe and Asia would also have problems.

We're still trying to determine the root cause of this issue ... it started randomly and only went away when we switched to backup networking gear. A bit mysterious.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm trying to connect Evernote for Windows Mobile to my account to view "Recent Notes" and I get the following error message:

Error occurred while interacting with Evernote Service: The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect Error: 0x00100006.

I have no idea what the cause is, or how to begin to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

I found the fix at Microsoft Answers in this thread in the the following reply:

Thanks Eric.

If anyone else runs into this, I hope the following instructions will be easier for them to follow, if perhaps they don't know how to do things like import and export certificates and such. Strangely enough, it's not a concept that everyone is really familiar with.

This is what worked for me:

From your desktop computer, click the following link to get the zip file that contains working certificates:

download/file.php?id=1816

Extract the three files from the zip that you downloaded. (Double-click the zip to open it, and then drag the three files to your desktop).

Connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable.

Open Windows Explorer and then open the Cell phone's folder.

Copy the three certificate files to a folder on the Cell phone.

Open the File explorer on the phone, and then open the folder that contains the three cert files.

Double-click the C3G2 file that looks like a paper certificate.

Hopefully, that will import the certificate and then Evernote should run.

Note the reply includes a link to a file on this forum. I followed the above steps and is all worked fine.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I get this known error message when logging in from my HTC Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6.5

Error occurred while interacting with Evernote Service: The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect Error: 0x00100006

A year ago there where posts that linked to a zip file of updated certificates I could use to solve this error, but that file seems to have been deleted. I can not find any other thread here, or on the internet that solve this problem.

I can also not complete my login using a browser on my mobile, I just get a blank screen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Grant

Hi, I have asked for help for this certificate problem elsewhere, but thought I would ask here why the links to the solution that where found and posted earlier, or zip files with the solutions are always dead links... I always end up on the top level page of the forum

Cheers,

Grant

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, when you start Evernote on your windows mobile phone a window says something like this?

error occurred while interacting with evernote service the certificate authority is invalid or incorrect error: 0x00100006

You need just a few steps to fix it:

METHOD 1:

1) Go here: https://www.evernote.com/

2) Click on the closed green lock near the site address ( in google chrome it looks like this: evernotei.png

3) Click on certificate Information (or something similar), then details tab

4) Click on "copy on files" and follow the wizard several times, each time saving it in a different format ( which is the right format, so I have done it in .cer and .p7b)

5) Copy the generated files on your phone and run them all.

METHOD 2:

1) Download this archive: http://www.mediafire.com/?gx9o2ogfdx4mo8i

2) Unpack it in your phone memory

3) Run all files in the folder

Sorry for my poor english.

I've fixed it in this way, hope it works for you too!

Enjoy!

• 4 months later...

thanks! mediafire archive worked perfectly! (I was not able to get all these files using Chrome or Firefox - only one was able to download this way and it did not fix the problem)

I wish Evernote included these instructions in the app itself and published certs online so they could be easily downloaded from the phone directly...

Yes, last week's issue seemed to be related to clients that were connecting via slower (high-latency) network connections. This means that computers in North America were usually fine, but mobile phones would drop connections. Computers from Europe and Asia would also have problems.

We're still trying to determine the root cause of this issue ... it started randomly and only went away when we switched to backup networking gear. A bit mysterious.

Thanks

Hi, I got Softonic Download on my wimo 6.1 pocketpc and at login it just always gives me Error 0x00100006:

"Error occured while interacting with Evernote Service: The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect Error: 0x00100006"

This still right now, not 2009.

I have no idea about it, not all to sure what it means, and have no idea what I can do about it.

How can I get it running.

I know, I know, it's nice on my iphone, but I don't wanna let myself be told how to enter text

by a dead guy who was never charitable by principle, dodged responsibility for a daughter of his,

cheated his best friend out of money and future income and so on, called steve.

So am I still able to login via wimo, and why can't I do it as is?

What is the matter, and what can I do about it?

because the Password it ish't.

Otherwise how would I be logged in here now with the same account?

Device is on T-Mobile Germany, 3G HSDPA mobile broadband.

Works fine on my iphone at the same carrier, same network, same tower,

works on my laptop.

just one sim card, so I'm not even online in same account with several devices at the same time, but after each other.

Hope you found something in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...

HI There

I am trying to get evernote to work on my HTC Touch HD running Windows Mobile 6.1. I am getting the same error message Error 0x00100006 when I try and log into Evernote using my Wi-Fi at home provided by Virgin or at work which is provided by BT.

I managed to download the security certificates using the method that Ciuchino2/ documents above. I saved them in all the different formats using a laptop running windows XP, pasted them onto my HTC Touch HD in the same folder as the Evernote programme but it didnt work.

I clicked on the link given by civbert@gmail.com above but end up at the top level page of the forum. Search for the certificates in the forum and it brings me full circle back to this page.

COULD SOMEONE AT SUPPORT PROVIDE A LINK TO THE CORRECT CERTIFICATES FOR THIS PLEASE.

I have an old programme by Laridian (who are currently developing it for Android) on my windows mobile which I want to be able to take notes from and then be able to sync the notes with my Samsung Galaxy NOte and my Windows laptop.

Please can someone help !! Thanks.

Julie Steadman

Harrow, Nr London, UK; HA2 6BZ

• 4 weeks later...

Archived