(Archived) Android Tablets: Screenshot into Evernote?

Jules

AFAIK, on Android, you have to root the device before being able to get a screen cap??? If that's true, I doubt EN would interface in any way with any of the third party apps b/c I'm pretty sure they wouldn't integrate a feature that would require rooting the device. But I'm new to Android (Kindle Fire) so I can't say for sure.

My ASUS Transformer (TF101) is able to capture screen shots without rooting. I guess, it is the standard feature for OS version 3.x or later.

If EN Android app could create notes for all files in the specific folders like Windows client does, I think it would become possible to create notes for every screen shots. It may be a nice feature to implement.

As far as I know it doesn't. Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a web clipper for the Android browser?

Great improvement potential. I will buy an Android tablet when Evernote supports this (it is worth so much for me) - just imagine browsing the web, being able to clip everything easily using the built-in screenshot function of Android...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Jules,

There's an app I developed called "No Root Screenshot It", which lets you take screenshots on your phone without having to root it. Once you take a screenshot, you can hit the "share" button and send the screenshot to your Evernote account.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help getting it setup.

Archived