(Archived) Moving pasted clipboard contend

pgoes

Hi,

When I paste a copied image (let's say, from Windows Photo Viewer), first it looks ok on my note, but if I drag it around, for instance, to the middle of a paragraph, then the pasted image will show as a placeholder image, and gerenerally won't work anymore. It seems to also loose it's file extension because, if I click on it, it asks me for a program to open it (if a select paint, for instance) it will open ok. Such moved images export ok (still not inline, just the placeholder) on an exported (html) note, but they do'nt seem to work when the note is synchronized to the web or to mobile.

This just seems to happen when I drag the pasted content.

Any clues on what maybe happening, or is it a bug?

Thanks,

Paulo.

post-84080-0-13630900-1321647078_thumb.p

Hi Paulo, welcome to the forum :)

I see similar behavior.

-Open image in "Windows Photo Viewer" (right click the image and select preview...)

-Right click image -> Copy

-Activate the Note window

-Paste the image into the note

-Try to drag and drop the note

-Results in the image being changed to an attachment, and the extension changed. In my case it was called attachment.bin and is 0B

Win 7 64 bit

Evernote for Windows 4.5.2.5798 (205835) Prerelease

For now, I would add the image to the note by dragging and dropping from explorer directly,rather than the viewer window. This issue doesn't occur with that method. It is one for the devs to look at though :D

Scott

EDIT: Interesting, it is not actually the "Windows Photo Viewer" but the copy/paste option that intiates this. Right clicking and selecting copy then paste does the same thing.

Thanks, Scott. Your observations confirm mine. Any copied/pasted image does that, when dragged afetr being pasted. And, yes, whun I drag the image directly from my pictures folder this desn't happen.

I am a seasoned coputer user, and I have an eye for these things.

I also observed that, if you attach (for instance drag) a file (like a word document), it also becomes an image placeholder (in this case, this is ok). You can drag this placeholder arould your note, and this works. But if you copy/paste it, just the image placeholder is pasted, and if you click on it, it won't take you to the documment. The same happens if you paste a copied attachmento in another note.

Otherwise, this seems to be a great product. A little rough for all the things it could accomplish. Not as rich and powerful as OneNote, but definitely more open. I miss Ink a lot, the possibility to mix images, text, ink and attachments on the same note, and better collection managemnt (stacks) on the mobile version.

As I use these tools for research docummentation, I also would like a better way to export multiple notes (keeping notebooks/stacks organization), and a more organized attachments organization of local notebooks (some wikis I used store attachments in a very organized directory structure, so that you can also trust them as dependable digital files collections.

Regards,

Paulo.

Thanks, Scott. Your observations confirm mine. Any copied/pasted image does that, when dragged afetr being pasted. And, yes, whun I drag the image directly from my pictures folder this desn't happen.

You're Welcome :)

I am a seasoned coputer user, and I have an eye for these things.

I also observed that, if you attach (for instance drag) a file (like a word document), it also becomes an image placeholder (in this case, this is ok). You can drag this placeholder arould your note, and this works. But if you copy/paste it, just the image placeholder is pasted, and if you click on it, it won't take you to the documment. The same happens if you paste a copied attachmento in another note.

Not all attachments display inline. Only pdfs (depending on your settings) and images appear inline.

I also see the same behavior. Moving the attachments around using the mouse is fine. Copy/paste causes issues. I wonder if that action breaks the link to the actual file within evernote...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Similar issue here.  I have an image in a note but want to move it to another part of the same note.  Dragging doesn't work if the place I want to put it is not already in view.  So I try to copy the image but if I don't include something else like text with the image nothing copies.  If I have some text with the image it copies both and pastes them.  If it's just an image then it pastes what was in the clipboard before I attempted to copy the image.  In this instance the computer is running Vista. Clearly this is a bug.  Anyone else heard when they are going to fix this?

Archived