(Archived) How secure is my data/information?

Thank you for the information. I think Evernote is a great application, don't get me wrong. I'll just wait for Wallet to come out for the iPhone and store my sensitive data there. I already have a paid license for Wallet. I love the ease of use of Evernote for my task lists and miscellaneous notes.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the information. I think Evernote is a great application, don't get me wrong. I'll just wait for Wallet to come out for the iPhone and store my sensitive data there. I already have a paid license for Wallet. I love the ease of use of Evernote for my task lists and miscellaneous notes.

Sounds good. The desktop clients do support a separate encryption mechanism for things like passwords/PINs/creditcards/etc. You can select some text, right-click, and encrypt it with a passphrase that only you know. This would give you the level of protection you're looking for, but there's currently no way to do this on the iPhone.

• 1 month later...

So when do you anticipate the iPhone client can handle text encrypt/decrypt? I use this heavily with a bunch of notes - business and personal (I'm a premier account also), and not being able to access or edit on the iPhone is a real gut-ache.

Thanks

Decryption will be supported soon ... we have delivered an update to Apple that includes this change. We hope this will go on the App Store next week. This means you can add encrypted passwords/PINs/card-numbers in your account from the Mac or Windows clients, and then view them on your iPhone securely.

Encryption is a bit more of a hassle, primarily for legal reasons on the iPhone. We'd like to support this, but it's not a "quick fix".

Archived