(Archived) New way of combining GTD and Evernote

• Level 5

The daily and weekly review videos gives some good real-world examples of how to use Evernote.

I pulled the 23 page PDF manifesto into Evernote. Makes for interesting reading.

I'm trying your tag system right now. It is not pure GTD (e.g., "soon," "later") but there are some things I like and I'm not a purist anyway!

I may have missed it but when you want to reply to an email you sent to EN, do you have to search for the original or is there a shortcut? I usually like to send the email to EN AFTER I have replied so the thread is intact.

Good job! I'm looking forward to more.

David Ward

I frequently use the Gmail -> More -> Forward All function to send the entire conversation to Evernote when a transaction is complete. I usually clean up (ie. delete) intermediate notes at the same time.

Very nice. I see some similarities to the way I currently use evernote, posted elsewhere, and a few things I might pick up. I like the what who and where categories. If you are into Areas of Focus, you could easily add a Why category, and list your areas of focus there, as it would seem like a natural fit. I see a lot of potential, and would like to pass on your website to a few people at the company I work at who I have been trying to sell GTD and evernote too. It is much easier to sell a concept if the toolbox comes with it. Very well done again.

• Level 5

Does EN for Mac support viewing tag information in List View?

Right click on the Title bar (in list view) and choose the attributes you would like to display. Tags is one of them.

Wern

Does EN for Mac support viewing tag information in List View?

Right click on the Title bar (in list view) and choose the attributes you would like to display. Tags is one of them.

Wern

Wern-

No its not one of the options when you right click. I see Notebook, Author, and a handful of other options, but no Tags.

Thanks

• Level 5

Hm. That is strange. On my WIN machine upon right click on the title bar, it offers (among others):notebooks, author, tags.

Would be very surprised if that was not MAC functionality as well. Maybe someone with a MAC can chime in here.

Wern

• Level 5

You are right. There is no TAG column in the MAC client in list view (Title bar). This has been covered before:

I think it is on the list of the Mac development team, but has not been implemented.

Archived