(Archived) Feature Request: automatic lists

Hi all,

I use Evernote quite a lot to make meeting minutes. To effectively do that I need to be able to format while typing. One of the most useful automatic formatting shortcuts are creating lists. So when you enter a * (bullet) as the first character on a line together with a space which you follow with text and close it with an enter would create a bulleted list. Same applies for numbered lists. You enter a 1 as the first character and it will create a numbered list after you close with an enter.

As far as I know most word processors use that convention as well.

So if anyone from Evernote is reading this than please add this to the wish list.

Thanks!

Robert

• Level 5*

If this is a post about a specific Evernote client, please use that forum, or specify it in your post.

The Windows client supports numbered lists. Use the toolbar button, or press Ctrl+Shift+O to start one (or format your selection as a numbered list). See the Note Editor shortcuts in the Knowledge Base artricle here: https://support.evernote.com/link/portal/16051/16058/Article/625/What-are-the-keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows

Archived