Removing pre-installed evernote

smorehou

First off, please don't be offended that I want to remove the program. I actually have no clue what evernote is but I promise to take a look... after I solve my problem. I bought an HP notebook and I hate all the pre-installed programs that come with off-the-shelf computers. So I'm trying to remove it all before deciding what I want to add back on (most programs have slightly different OEM versions vs. the one you download).

But when I go to the Add/Remove Programs and attempt to remove it, it fails telling me I have to log in as an administrator. I am logged in as an administrator.

Help please. Thank you.

- Steven

Hi

(1) sometimes, even as Admin, right-click on the install package (setup,..) of the program and select "Run as Admin"; the installer, most of the times, show you the opportunity to "Add" "Repair" or "Remove"; select remove

(2) repeat the classical Add/Remove operation form 'Program and Features'when logged as Admin but in Safe Mode

(3) Manually... http://eugene2k.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-force-uninstall-a-program

Phil

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I could not install the lastest version of Evernote because my .msi file seemed to be missing. After a lot of failed tries I decided to remove Evernote completely. So I hacked the registry and removed every reference to Evernote (search for Evernote). Then I removed the Windows directories containing the old version.

When I start the installation program I get the message that installation is impossible because another pre-user install is still there...

How do I remove this pre-install, or at least make Windows believe it isn't there...

Thanks, Hans

Hi,

I could not install the lastest version of Evernote because my .msi file seemed to be missing. After a lot of failed tries I decided to remove Evernote completely. So I hacked the registry and removed every reference to Evernote (search for Evernote). Then I removed the Windows directories containing the old version.

When I start the installation program I get the message that installation is impossible because another pre-user install is still there...

How do I remove this pre-install, or at least make Windows believe it isn't there...

Thanks, Hans

You should try the free version of Revo uninstaller to uninstall the program.

Archived