(Archived) GTD setup with Evernote

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of setting up my complete GTD setup in Evernote. The combination of local copy and server side syncen along with the platform support is well amazing. Are there any other users out there who are using EN for their GTD process?

I use it for tasks/projects and as reference.

Fokke

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of setting up my complete GTD setup in Evernote. The combination of local copy and server side syncen along with the platform support is well amazing. Are there any other users out there who are using EN for their GTD process?

I use it for tasks/projects and as reference.

Fokke

Even with EN2.2, I always argued that it made a lousy PIM. Now that most of the features that made it at least somewhat useable as a PIM have been stripped away in 3.0, it makes a really lousy PIM. But go for it, if you like, and try to convince EN management to do something they openly stated they won't do, yet again. :?

I have mine setup for GTD. It's not a perfect setup, but i was tired of multiple platforms and thus, I have tweaked my EN to accomplish this.

I am using both Tags and Checkboxes. I have a Notebook called Processing. That is my default notebook. I use Processing to collect emails, web pages, etc. Then I have a notebook called GTD. I add one note for each task in GTD. I have tags for each context that I use (nested under a global GTD tag) so that I don't have them all sitting out there. I have an additional tag called "@Done". I have saved searches for each context. It is looking for items that have the context Tag and DON'T have the @Done tag. One last thing I do is I have a saved search called "Processing" that looks for any item in any Notebook that doesn't have any tags. That way I make sure again that I haven't missed anything.

I also have saved searches for each of my ToDo items (and a global looking for undone ToDo's just to make sure nothing has slipped through the cracks.)

Now if I could just get it to work well on my iPhone (the saved search functionality is sketchy at best...) I would be really happy.

I have mine setup for GTD. It's not a perfect setup, but i was tired of multiple platforms and thus, I have tweaked my EN to accomplish this.

I am using both Tags and Checkboxes. I have a Notebook called Processing. That is my default notebook. I use Processing to collect emails, web pages, etc. Then I have a notebook called GTD. I add one note for each task in GTD. I have tags for each context that I use (nested under a global GTD tag) so that I don't have them all sitting out there. I have an additional tag called "@Done". I have saved searches for each context. It is looking for items that have the context Tag and DON'T have the @Done tag. One last thing I do is I have a saved search called "Processing" that looks for any item in any Notebook that doesn't have any tags. That way I make sure again that I haven't missed anything.

I also have saved searches for each of my ToDo items (and a global looking for undone ToDo's just to make sure nothing has slipped through the cracks.)

Now if I could just get it to work well on my iPhone (the saved search functionality is sketchy at best...) I would be really happy.

With the SDK out for the iPhone, I'd be amazed if there aren't at least 10 good Todo apps out by fall.

Archived