(Archived) Using Desktop Client after Usage Limit

Johnyevernote

Idea

I understand the need for a monthly quota, however why not give users the ability to create sync'd notebooks after we've reached our quota but prevent them from being sync'd until a new month begins? It seems silly that i have to wait another 3 weeks to use Evernote simply because of an upload quota. I would understand that none of my data would sync in the next 3 weeks, but it would be worth it as a trade off to get all of my data in.

What are the chances this gets fixed in an upcoming update?

And is there any chance that, in the near (not far) future new plans are introduced that will increase the upload limit ? Should be a no brainer if it will increase revenues.....unless there simply isn't enough capacity.....

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

3 replies to this idea

Within the desktop client you can create an offline notebook that basically stores your data to the local hard drive and does not sync. You can store as much data as you want within local notebooks that does not impact your quota at all.

Hope this helps.

It would except for that fact that i wouldn't be able to change this to a Sync'd notebook later on when the new month began. So i would have to create a offline notebook, wait to the new month, then export the data, create a sync'd notebook and then import. Is there anyway around that....probably not from what i read in the forum.

Are there any plans in the pipeline to come up with a solution to all of this? And help me understand why these limitations are in place? Again, I understand the need for a quota, but to shut the app down essentially makes no sense.

Thank you

It would except for that fact that i wouldn't be able to change this to a Sync'd notebook later on when the new month began. So i would have to create a offline notebook, wait to the new month, then export the data, create a sync'd notebook and then import. Is there anyway around that....probably not from what i read in the forum.

You just move the notes from an unsynced notebook to a synced notebook, when your upload amount refreshes. I do this all the time. NBD.

The whole app doesn't "shut down". But yeah, if you are trying to do something that you cannot do until your upload limit refreshes, you'll get annoying messages informing you of this. Seems reasonable to me, so the user is aware of this.

Archived