(Archived) Web Clipper Feature Request: Remember My Previous Tags

Web Clipper should REMEMBER the tags I have previously used

When I use the Chrome Web Clipper I'd love it if the Web Clipper remembered the TAGS I've used a la Diigo.

The Digo Bookmarker, aka Web Highlighter for Chrome, not only suggests tags, but also REMEMBERS the prior set of tags that I used.

It would be super-DUPER if Evernote not only remembered my most recent set of tags, but my second most-recent, third most-recent, etc...

Obviously this applies to all Clippers...and not just to the Chrome Clipper.

Anybody else on board with this?

Not me. My tags change with each and every clip. I can't recall a time when they were duplicated on two back-to-back web clippings.

I'm not sure what to make of your reply;

• Do you not agree with my request?
  • Do you think I am posting bug?

I am not reporting a bug;

I am NOT reporting a duplication error.

I am requesting a feature!!!

I want EN to remember my previous tags and provide a mechanism for me to USE THE SAME TAGS as my previous clipping.

Quite frequently I find that I am clipping items for one project and it's a PITA (that's Pain In The Ass) to have to remember the exact same set of tags; rather:

I want EN to remember this for me; I want EN to remember stuff for me.

• Level 5

You asked "Anybody else on board with this?"

I answered by saying no, I do not want this feature. I do understand what you want.

Adding a tag is easy. just type the first couple letters and the list of possible tags is reduced to just a few or even one.

I don't see any benefit for Evernote to remember the previous tags from previous web page clippings.

Just my opinion.

FWIW I almost never tag when clipping. Cleanup titles, yes. Tag, no.

I apply tags when processing my inbox using Assign Tags. This works great for applying the same tags to a collection of notes.

• Level 5*

I would probably use this feature -- if I am researching something, I commonly have several separate web pages that I want to clip, somewhat identically, at the same time. A drop-down of tag sets recently used (even if it were limited to 10 or so tag sets) would be useful. While for some uses, I defer tagging to when it's more convenient (like for auto import), tagging early saves a step.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello, i hope this feature has to be resumed, since the feature "Smart Filing" doesn't works for tags (or "Smart Filling"), it poorly fails and NEVER WORKS FINE.

Or it could have to be mixed with a recent-previous tags criterium.

As @jefito wrote

I would probably use this feature -- if I am researching something, I commonly have several separate web pages that I want to clip, somewhat identically, at the same time. A drop-down of tag sets recently used (even if it were limited to 10 or so tag sets) would be useful. While for some uses, I defer tagging to when it's more convenient (like for auto import), tagging early saves a step.

also me the same thing! (especially if you have to write more than one tag in order to better use the Evernote features)

Archived