(Archived) how to get SEARCH feature to bring up words in a document

monsieurms

I'm trying to search a long-ish note. I see that using the search ICON brings up all notes with the particular word I'm looking for. (Let's say for example it is "Hemingway.") It eventually highlights "Hemingway" within the document.

But there doesn't seem to be any way to limit the search to ONE note. Nor when you search --although it highlights the word--does it take you to the place in the note where that word appears. So although I started knowing which note the word appeared in and which note I wanted to search in detail, I still had to weed out other notes I didn't want to search, and more importantly---it just brought up the entire note in question, forcing me to scroll down 10 screens to the highlighted word within the note I knew i wanted to search instead of taking me right to that point in the note.

By comparison, if I search in Docs to Go or MS WORD, it takes me right to the word in the particular document I'm looking for. I can then hit "find again" or comparable command and it takes me right to the next such instance in that particular document, no scrolling required.

Is there such functionality in Evernote? If not, it is a big flaw that eviscerates the ability to use longer notes.

Hi,

In-note search is not supported yet on Android.

Thanks. I do like the feature set overall. I need things that sync to my phone and desktop and are available off line as well as online, which eliminates various other options and software (like Google Docs). I do need that in note search feature. You might consider it in the future. I just can't tolerate looking for something in longer notes without it, at which point, I have to stick with something that perhaps doesn't make as much sense for notes--Docs to Go. I just can't keep flicking screen after screen.

Archived