(Archived) bug: editing a note on Android removes all tabs!

AlanP

I can confirm this same problem all tab indents I have done in evernote windows are vanished if I choose "edit" from evernote android. Or actually second or third (or higher) degree indenting is converted to first degree indenting --> information loss. My desktop evernote version is 4.5.0.5229, android version is 3.2.3 build 201284.

When you fix this please add also the ability to do second or higher level indenting to evernote android. Now I really cannot do appropriate editing in android, just reading the notes.

I was keeping my fingers crossed when I saw an update to the Android app yesterday, but the bug is still present. Any update on when this might be fixed? I'm very eager to use Evernote (and even bought a paid account), but I can't as long as editing in the Android app destroys all the indents.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a new wrinkle here: on editing a note with a bullteted list on Android, the various levels of bullets get completely flattened.

Is this bug something that can be fixed soon? It's incredibly frustrating that the (otherwise wonderful) Android app wrecks formatting. And it's keeping me from using Evernote as I intended to when I signed up for a premium account.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't believe that this bug persists and that the Android app continues to wreck all tabs. Every time there's a new Android app update, I keep my fingers crossed that this is fixed, but it still isn't.

Does anyone at Evernote have an update?

• Level 5*
Does anyone at Evernote have an update?

Since they just yesterday put out a new Android release, if it's not fixed, then I think you have your answer, given the previous quote:

For your information this issue is non trivial and impacts different parts of Evernote (note view, note editor, rich note editor).

We understand it is important and we hope to fix it shortly.

• 11 months later...

Archived