(Archived) Feature request: Automatic tagging, or untagged attribute

I'd like to be able quickly see recent notes that I haven't tagged, especially those I've emailed to Evernote, either by:

- having a user-defined tag (eg. 'to process') automatically applied to new notes

or

- having an 'untagged' attribute

Or is there some other equivalent way of doing this? (I'm a new Evernote user).

You can search for all of the notes that have no tags like this:

-tag:*

You can also put this into a Saved Search, which you could use to find all untagged notes easily.

I'm finding that refreshing a saved search results list (which I'm doing by clicking on it again) doesn't change following a note alteration (eg adding a tag) until *after* a sync. Is this by design? I don't really have a problem with it if so, but would like to know if it's the expected behaviour.

I'm finding that refreshing a saved search results list (which I'm doing by clicking on it again) doesn't change following a note alteration (eg adding a tag) until *after* a sync. Is this by design? I don't really have a problem with it if so, but would like to know if it's the expected behaviour.

Which client are you using? On all platforms, we support fast searching by building a "full text index" of all of the words in your account and the notes that they occur in. Maintaining this index while you're using the app is a bit tricky (and the primary reason that searching on the web site can be a little slow at times).

Which client are you using? On all platforms, we support fast searching by building a "full text index" of all of the words in your account and the notes that they occur in. Maintaining this index while you're using the app is a bit tricky (and the primary reason that searching on the web site can be a little slow at times).

I'm using the Windows client, version 3.0.0.681. But it turns out I'm mistaken. There is a delay before note alterations (specifically, adding a tag) change the search results (specifically, searching for -tag:*), but it isn't temporally related to syncing. If I click around a bit, or edit something else before going back to the search, it does then update correctly.

Ok, this sounds right. We fix the text index in the background so that your UI doesn't lock up whenever you make a change ... this can translate into a short delay between making a change and seeing it affect your search results.

Archived