(Archived) Conflicting changes

Lonnie Tebow

Just yesterday, I started having notes I have been working on suddenly moved to the "Conflicting Changes" and "Unsynced Notes" areas. I have been working with Evernote exclusively for about a month now (copies on PC, iPhone, iPad) without a hitch or this ever happening.

Program update problem? Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

As in the thread I just posted in where you posted a link....that one also goes nowhere. Not sure if Evernotes' forum is having issues or they are moving around posts or whatever, but that link redirects to the forum homepage (like the previous one).

Here is my reply to your other (much less polite) post:

.and I gotta say, for an Evernote Evangilist, your replies are anything BUT helpful.

FYI, I posted the link TEN MONTHS ago. March 6, 2011, to be exact. Since that time, the old message board was migrated to a new one & the old one taken down. I assure you, the link was helpful when it was posted.

• 1 year later...

BurgersNFries .. Thanks for your help on all of this, I see your posts all over the place on these forums. But where are the Evernote employees? Do you reply to these just to be helpful and who at Evernote manages these forums?

Thanks

MIKE

BurgersNFries .. Thanks for your help on all of this, I see your posts all over the place on these forums. But where are the Evernote employees? Do you reply to these just to be helpful and who at Evernote manages these forums?

Thanks

MIKE

You're welcome!  This is a user's forum.  There is no expectation of getting a reply from an EN employee on this message board, although they do read all the posts on the board.  (What a job *that* must be!).  I *do* post here to help people as do several others.  As is standard, there are moderators (including myself) who often manage the board.  But it's ultimately overseen by an EN employee.  EN employees do pop in every now & then.  If you have a support issue you want to discuss with an EN employee, please submit a support ticket.  (See my sig.)  However, as is often the case, many problems/issues either have already been resolved on the message board or can be resolved with the help of other, experienced, users.  But sometimes we just hold our hands up in the air & say, 'you need to submit a support ticket'.  :D

• 5 months later...

Thank you, BurgersNFries for your consistent assistance on this forum.  :)

I just ran into this "conflicting changes" issue.

After reading this thread, I went back to my Windows version on my laptop and found (2) copies of the same note:

OBSERVATION:

• 1)  displayed "conflicting changes" in the top right drop down menu which displays notebook categories.
  • 2)  displayed the correct notebook category.

PROCEDURE:

• 1)  I corrected #2 above with correct notebook category > saved (CTRL + S) > then SNYCED (F9).
  • 2)  Next, I synced my Android phone to confirm update (yes it did).
  • 3)  Next, I deleted the note #1 which displayed "conflicting changes."

Issue successfully and quickly resolved.

I hope this proves helpful to others sooner than later!   ;)

Alan

Archived