Synchronization Failure

Plato

Idea

Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available.

This message seems to be permanently on my MacBook Air and done of the documents I stored there have BEEN copied onto my desktop. The process works in reverse and material I put on my desk version of Evernoye does move to my lap TAP.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

9 replies to this idea

I would suggest filing a support ticket for this. It sounds like there is a connectivity issue, if you have a proxy or something else that could be causing it. When did this start happening?

Evernote does not seem to want to help customers that pay for their service. I have been talking to support for two weeks now and they just blame everyone else (Apple, TimeWarner, OSX Lion and Mountain Lion, Network). My service will not sync and no one will help me with this from Evernote. Even Apple spent many days trying to help me with this and they said that the OS is not blocking the software at all. Evernote can you take some responsibility for the errors?

• Level 5*

Evernote does not seem to want to help customers that pay for their service. I have been talking to support for two weeks now and they just blame everyone else (Apple, TimeWarner, OSX Lion and Mountain Lion, Network). My service will not sync and no one will help me with this from Evernote. Even Apple spent many days trying to help me with this and they said that the OS is not blocking the software at all. Evernote can you take some responsibility for the errors?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about the problem. Could you post your support ticket number? That might help other staff members look into the issue. Keep us updated on your progress, and good luck!

Hi,

Evernote and I have been working together and then they told me that they would no longer help me fix their broken software. I have spent 2 weeks clicking on the sync buttons over and over while a few Mb at a time download out of 6Gb. I am a power user and rely on this service. But they blame my ISP even though every program on two different machines is working perfect except Evernote. They send me some code even though I am not a software developer expecting me to know how to change SSL code on my machine for Ruby. They have blamed Apple, then the ISP, then me. I have had my ISP out here and they tested and replaced all equipment. I have had Apple on the phone for 2 weeks and they have been amazing in trying to help. I was asked to reinstall my OS and I did now 3 times. I have had my network checked by my ISP and by Apple both said that everything is working fine except Evernote. I got a letter from Evernote that said that even though I am a paid customer that I am out of luck and that they would no longer be able to help me because it is my fault that both my PC and my MAC will not sync with their service. I have changed ever single setting possible. I even installed Apple OSX Lion on a external hard drive and setup a whole new machine and I ended up having the same exact problem.

I even had a senior advisor from Apple remote into my machine and see and he said that this is Evernote. I run a DropBox full of 81Gb of files and I deleted and downloaded again. NO PROBLEMS with DropBox. Evernote is terrible. Amazing concept but they will not help you if their software does not work. How can software not work and that is acceptable to the developer? Typical software company that wants to blame everyone else for their bugs. Maybe someone at Evernote will actually help me. I already have opened a couple tickets and they have pretty much said tough luck. I have disabled anything and everything that could block the service. But most of the time I get a error that says that Evernote server is not responsive. But im sure that is my fault right?

The log has so many errors that I could not upload direct to this community. So the file is at the link below.

http://files.buxnie....xt/2q1X2y1x3A0D

All I want is for my Evernote to work.

I synced at least 1000 times and little by little over a 3 week time frame it downloaded a few Mb at a time in between failures which ended up being 6GB total (I am a power user). Finally it completed after my nerves were shot and I restarted my computer around 100 times to refresh the system. I looked at hundreds of forums and called Apple yet again and they continue to say that the SSL errors are from Evernote's servers. Absolutely no help from Evernote beyond the URL to some random website with RUBY code on it. Average consumers have no idea what a development code even is and would have no idea how to install Ruby SSL Certificates. Evernote you need to realize that your not always right. Your software can have problems and looking in this community it is not uncommon. I just wish you could have fixed my Evernote software so I can use the service as paid for. Instead Evernote support told me to take my business elsewhere. Pretty much they were sick of me emailing about their broken software and did not want to help so they offered me a refund to leave and shut up. The most unprofessional response I have received from a SAAS company over their software not working. I subscribe to many SAAS services including Google Apps and they would never tell me to take my business elsewhere. They would help me fix the problem.

Archived