(Archived) Mac 3.0.3 RC

dlu

Idea

Hello People of Evernote Mac,

We have a release candidate available at http://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/mac/prerelease/Evernote_201427.zip

You can also update within Evernote by going to Help >> Check for updates.

This release includes improved design of popovers on the favorites bar, removing Sync on Exit reminder for upgrading, a Spotlight importer fix and other misc bug fixes. Please let us know what you think.

thanks!

18 replies to this idea

Thank you for that. Interestingly, it works in the nightlies of Webkit just not in Safari 5.1.1. Also, the URL field is now blank after a Control-Command-V operation in Safari, Webkit Nightly and Chrome. It's fine in the clipper. Might be time to reign those coders in! :-)

I think it's left over from some Safari 5.1 changes and while we were fiddling around we tried to be clever. Then we realized we weren't actually doing anything useful so we decided (and I'll claim credit for this brilliant move) to undo it in a way that was even less helpful. Ta-da!

Does this one fix the Control-Command-V bug?

Which bug is that?

When you clip a web entry/page in Safari using Control-Command-V the title of the new note contains "Unclipped..." and not the title from the web page or Twitter tweet. Works fine in Chrome.

Just went to check on that bug and bumped it higher in the queue

Thank you for that. Interestingly, it works in the nightlies of Webkit just not in Safari 5.1.1. Also, the URL field is now blank after a Control-Command-V operation in Safari, Webkit Nightly and Chrome. It's fine in the clipper. Might be time to reign those coders in! :-)

Does it fix the bug that causes Evernote to only provide *partial* results when searching? Rarely does Evernote show me all the notes that match my search. For example, if I search on one tag, the number next to the tag might be 20, but the notes displayed when I click on it is 16. If I rename the tag and then search on the new name (e.g., waitingfor to waitingfor1), then it finds all the notes. This has been a known bug for months, but it never seems to get fixed. I'm hoping this release does the trick.

I just downloaded and tested the new release, and it does not solve this problem.

I'll discuss with the team, we may ask for your activity logs again to diagnose.

Which bug is that?

When you clip a web entry/page in Safari using Control-Command-V the title of the new note contains "Unclipped..." and not the title from the web page or Twitter tweet. Works fine in Chrome.

Just went to check on that bug and bumped it higher in the queue

Which bug is that?

Does it fix the bug that causes Evernote to only provide *partial* results when searching? Rarely does Evernote show me all the notes that match my search. For example, if I search on one tag, the number next to the tag might be 20, but the notes displayed when I click on it is 16. If I rename the tag and then search on the new name (e.g., waitingfor to waitingfor1), then it finds all the notes. This has been a known bug for months, but it never seems to get fixed. I'm hoping this release does the trick.

I just downloaded and tested the new release, and it does not solve this problem.

• Level 5*

I believe that the change with respect to clipping is that the new version of the clipper clips to the web, rather than to the desktop client; you need to sync to get your latest clips. I think that the change was caused by changes to the Safari browser.

• Level 5*
Sadly, they seem to have forgotten that the clipping feature is the primary way in which people interact with the system.

That may be true for some people, but not everyone. Many people store documents, PDFs, etc., or input from their scanners. That's not to say that problems with web clipping shouldn't be fixed, but Evernote does not live by web clipping alone.

Archived