(Archived) Really Getting Frustrated Here, Evernote

black.rhino

What used to be my favourite app is now freezing my phone every time I open the app. I can usually make it to one or two button presses before it totally freezes and requires a battery pull. I can't trust the app to work, so now I have been using paper and emails to take notes with, defeating the purpose. I have submitted a support ticket in the past (and one of the updates fixed it, but the last few "updates" brought it back), and will be doing so immediately after posting this.

I just want them to know that I am really disappointed that this has not been fixed.

Not sure if this will help, but I've discovered that if I have Evernote running from the SD card that it has issues (not to mention the widget is not availble). Are you by chance running this from the SD card? If so, try moving it to the phone and seeing if that fixes the issue.

What used to be my favourite app is now freezing my phone every time I open the app. I can usually make it to one or two button presses before it totally freezes and requires a battery pull. I can't trust the app to work, so now I have been using paper and emails to take notes with, defeating the purpose. I have submitted a support ticket in the past (and one of the updates fixed it, but the last few "updates" brought it back), and will be doing so immediately after posting this.

I just want them to know that I am really disappointed that this has not been fixed.

Recent versions of the Evernote client (v.3.2) moved the database to the SDCard in response to user requests to reduce the use of the internal SD card and the ability to store more data offline. Note, this move is different from moving the application to the SD Card.

This can cause performance problems in some instances. Some applications will crawl or lock the external SD Card which will cause performance problems. Additionally, some phones come with poor performing SD Cards. Finally, plugging the phone into a computer and mounting the SD card will disrupt the Evernote application.

We'd love to get more information about the problem you're encountering. To send us diagnostic information launch Evernote, perform an operation that encounters a problem, then go to "Settings" from the menu on the Home screen and select "Send log". In the To field set the email address to: android-preview@evernote.com.

Moving the app to an SD Card, due to an Android limitation, does prevent the widget from working.

Moving the app to an SD Card, due to an Android limitation, does prevent the widget from working.

That can easily be overcome by separating the Evernote app into Evernote and EvernoteWidgets. That's how other apps have got around the limitation. This means that the main Evernote app can be moved to the SD card, and it doesn't matter about EvernoteWidgets because it will very small in size.

That can easily be overcome by separating the Evernote app into Evernote and EvernoteWidgets. That's how other apps have got around the limitation. This means that the main Evernote app can be moved to the SD card, and it doesn't matter about EvernoteWidgets because it will very small in size.

Yup, in the works!

BUMP

Been a week, still the same problem. I haven't used EN on my phone for a week because of this issue. I have it running on internal memory, using the widget, storage on SD. I would send more support requests, but I cant even get that far before it crashes.

Archived