What's your favorite scanner to use with Evernote?

rtoledo

• 1 month later...

I'm using the Fujitsu ScanSnap 1500 and I love it. I've been using it for a couple of years, pre-Evernote, and have really been happy with it. It's a full-color, duplex scanner with a great sheet feeder.

I love the scanning software that comes with it but can't stand the organizer tool to manage the PDF files that are created. I'm in the process of integrating Evernote into my life for this purpose. Keep the scanner, ditch the PDF organizer in favor of Evernote.

I'm a big fan of the SnanSnap S1300. I witnessed this scanner in action at Macworld 2010 and bought one as soon as they started to roll of the production lines. And I couldn't be happier with my purchase. It has made the transition to a paperless lifestyle much more practical than it was previously.

• Level 5*

+1 for the ScanSnap1500 plus Evernote. I've ripped through filing boxes of paper with different thicknesses, sizes and shapes and rarely had a misfeed. It's quiet, quick and tucks away into a corner of my desk when not in use. It recognises blank pages (mostly) and drops them out of the resulting PDF, which helps keep the size down. And it handles my occasional full colour and hi-res scans.

• Level 5

I wanted a scanner that did not take up much space on my desk and was easy to access. So I got a ScanSnap S300 mobile scanner a couple years ago. Not a single hiccup so far.

At home, I can digitize receipts, bank statements and miscellaneous paperwork. On the road, I can operate it with the USB power connection to my laptop.

According to Fujitsu, the ScanSnap S300 is the world’s smallest duplex ADF scanner. It provides best-in-class performance inside or outside of the home or office.

I am using a Xerox 272 - it is very fast and does duplex in a Windows environment. My only issue so far in testing it out with Evernote is that documents I have scanned directly in as PDFs go in quickly but do not appear to be OCR'd. I cannot full text search anything I directly scan in. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am scanning in at 300 dpi.

Archived