Moderator Introduction: Jenni

Welcome!

My name is Jenni Lathrop. I'm passionate about my family, TV, graphic design, knitting and reading. I love pop culture, social media and ministry with children and families. I discovered Evernote in 2010 but only used it for capturing things I never used but didn’t want to lose. A few months later, I had the “a-ha” moment of using Evernote to hold my children’s immunization records. After that, I started putting everything I could find into Evernote. I now use the program every day for every aspect of my life including work, family, memories, blogging and my favorite pastimes: knitting and reading. I look forward to more conversation around using Evernote with our favorite crafty activities!

• 2 years later...

Hello   Jenny

having just found  forums  :rolleyes:  ,after having an evernote account for more than a while,

I am amazed  by all that is here , i confess  to only useing  the cleaver  little  clipping  tool,   manly for  special  baby  knitting patterns ,for those born  premature, or sadly far too soon  ,

I wil most deffinatly  return  very soon  :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Jenni,

Congratulations on being the moderator of this group. I think there are a lot of us out here who have collections of stuff that we don't know how to organise.....I am stuffing all my stuff into evernote as fast as I can...trying to get all the documents I've been carrying around''FOREVER" into one place.  

One thing I'll put out here (I've put this out about 2 years ago on this forum) any great ideas on how to organise (within evernote) paper sewing patterns? 

Hi Jenni,

Congratulations on being the moderator of this group. I think there are a lot of us out here who have collections of stuff that we don't know how to organise.....I am stuffing all my stuff into evernote as fast as I can...trying to get all the documents I've been carrying around''FOREVER" into one place.  

One thing I'll put out here (I've put this out about 2 years ago on this forum) any great ideas on how to organise (within evernote) paper sewing patterns?

I'm not a sewer, but my mother was a seamstress & made most of my clothes when I was growing up. I would suggest scanning the front & back of the package & putting those images into a single note. I'd make the title the maker & pattern number with a brief description of the pattern such as "Butterick 6678 - gown & robe". This allows you to do an intitle search for gown or robe or browse visually though your patterns within Evernote. It also allows you to get the yardage & notions requirements without having to physically get the pattern envelope out. It also allows you to see if you already may have that pattern in your inventory, if you see the pattern in the store & think you may have already bought it. I'd add more keywords to the body of the note such as a description or photo of any items I may have made with that pattern. This allows you to locate a pattern used a few years ago by searching on 'Sally red plaid jumper'. Then be sure to file the physical patterns in a way they are easily found, once you know the maker & pattern number.

Archived