(Archived) Sync not working

mrgoerend

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Is everything else working (email, internet access, dropbox, etc.)? I am no expert, but I could imagine a situation in which the IT department sets up the system in such a way that it ends up (intentionally or unintentionally) blocking access to the Evernote servers.

• Level 5*

It could have something to do with the network. Are you both hooked up to the company network? Of course, as you said, it could also be some sort of issue with using an older version, but that seems unlikely with something like sync.

• Level 5*
We're both on the same network, which is why I'm a bit confounded. I'll keep working with our IT department to see if there's anything they can do.

That is odd. In fact, if you are using the same network, and the IT people can't see any reason why it would block your colleague (perhaps a registered company id) and not you (perhaps given a different type of access because a personal computer), then you might want to uninstall and re-install evernote. It will be something of a pain, especially if you cannot use the latest version, but it would at least have the potential to fix whatever is going on over there.

We're both on the same network, which is why I'm a bit confounded. I'll keep working with our IT department to see if there's anything they can do.

That is odd. In fact, if you are using the same network, and the IT people can't see any reason why it would block your colleague (perhaps a registered company id) and not you (perhaps given a different type of access because a personal computer), then you might want to uninstall and re-install evernote. It will be something of a pain, especially if you cannot use the latest version, but it would at least have the potential to fix whatever is going on over there.

Thanks. I'll pass this thread along to my IT guys.

Archived