(Archived) Evernote for Sharing Schedules?

I have been using EN for a week and have added almost 2000 notes (Outlook and Paperport) and am wondering if it may be a good avenue for my wife and I to share kids schedules between ourselves and also grandparents. These would be our kids sports schedules and horse show schedules, all in PDF format. Currently we are using Dropbox which works ok but offers no notification if something is added. In other words if I add "11 Fall Allison School BB Schedule.pdf" to Dropbox I must then send an email to my wife, my daughter, and my dad to let them know it is there...if I am doing this I may as well just attach the schedule to the email. The advantage that Dropbox offers is that everyone has access to the schedule at anytime on their ipad, mobile phone, or computer.

• Level 5

Generally when you share a schedule, you are interested in something that will happen in the future.

The only user adjustable date-field in Evernote is the "Created Date" field.

Where will you put the date for the task you want to schedule?

Generally when you share a schedule, you are interested in something that will happen in the future.

The only user adjustable date-field in Evernote is the "Created Date" field.

Where will you put the date for the task you want to schedule?

As the post says these would be PDF files....we get a Basketball schedule at the begining of the Fall BB season that shows all of the dates. The date of the note was created would be irrelevent.

Mike

As the post says these would be PDF files....we get a Basketball schedule at the begining of the Fall BB season that shows all of the dates. The date of the note was created would be irrelevent.

Mike

If you want reminders for each event, not just each PDF of the schedule, IMO, the best way would be to manually set up events in something like Google calendar. You can then also set reminders in Google calendar & most mobile devices sync to Google calendar.

Mike

I understand that. But if you have many of these PDF schedule files, how do you set up a reminder system for all the different activities? Basketball, baseball, softball, horseback schedules, etc.

I get what you are saying now....I don't really need a reminder system, we all use our respective calendars be it Outlook for me or Google Calendar for my wife and kids, I just want everyone to be notified that a new Basketball schedule has been added to EN, each person can then do with it as they see fit.

Mike

I don't really need a reminder system, we all use our respective calendars be it Outlook for me or Google Calendar for my wife and kids, I just want everyone to be notified that a new Basketball schedule has been added to EN, each person can then do with it as they see fit.

EN does not have notifications. However, notes can be sorted by date created. People can log in & sort that way to see if anything new has been added.
  • Level 5*

blackcows,

You might want to check out my TuskTools Calendar application (http://www.moreproductivenow.com/evernote.html). You would have to add each event as a separate note, just dropping in the PDF wouldn't do it. How it might work:

Say you had an "Allison" shared notebook. You'd create a note in it something like this:

Note title: Allison BB practice 11/23

Note content: ##11/23/2011 7:30 to 8:30 pm##, Acme Middle School

That ##date## annotation format is what tells TT Calendar that you have a date to sync. (Once Evernote adds its Due Date field, you'll be able to use that instead of the ##date## annotation.) If you and Allison were each running Evernote and TuskTools Calendar, that note would then show up on both of your Google Calendars. (Well, OK, you use Outlook - currently only Google Calendar is supported but I am going to be adding Outlook support.)

I haven't used it in this shared capacity but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Archived