(Archived) Editing HTML

I am new to this and enjoying Evernote. The "Welcome to Evernote" first note is perplexing. It appears like an HTML page with two columns rather than RTF. It is crudely editable... but I cannot figure out how I would add or edit the links and/or create the second column without a style sheet. Is this a tease, or do I need Premium, or am I totally missing something ;). Thanks, Alan

• Level 5*
I am new to this and enjoying Evernote. The "Welcome to Evernote" first note is perplexing. It appears like an HTML page with two columns rather than RTF. It is crudely editable... but I cannot figure out how I would add or edit the links and/or create the second column without a style sheet. Is this a tease, or do I need Premium, or am I totally missing something ;). Thanks, Alan

It's a tease :)

You can paste in tables, and you can paste in web pages. And, you can kind of mess around with them. But, it doesn't usually turn out well.

Evernote is really made to write your own notes (some rich text capability) or copy in some other kind of information (like web pages). It is not made to create or edit web pages. If that (a WYSIWIG HTML page) is the kind of app you are looking for, I think you'll have better luck with dedicated web page making apps.

Thanks GrumpyMonkey... kinda what I expected. I do want note taking, not web page making. BTW, is there a way to dump the formatting when pasting. I paste in an out of NotePad on a PC, but do not know how to do it on a MAC. Pasting an RTF file seems to create weird results. Thanks again, Alan

• Level 5*
Thanks GrumpyMonkey... kinda what I expected. I do want note taking, not web page making. BTW, is there a way to dump the formatting when pasting. I paste in an out of NotePad on a PC, but do not know how to do it on a MAC. Pasting an RTF file seems to create weird results. Thanks again, Alan

No problem. On a Mac, paste without formatting (under edit in the menu bar). Enjoy ;)

Archived