(Archived) Evernote has detected that your sdcard has changed.

mooneycol

We have a number of users on Dell Streak Android, which obviously comes with Evernote installed by default.

They have all recently received the error:

"Evernote has detected that your sdcard has changed. What do you want to do?

- Continue to reconfigure your existing account on the current sdcard.

- Sign out to configure a new account on the current sdcard.

- Exit Evernote and wait to get the old sdcard back in."

So, my questions are:

1. What is causing this message to appear, as none of them use evernote.

2. How do they stop the message appearing?

3. How do they uninstall Evernote? (They have tried, but the uninstall button is greyed out!)

It sounds like you may be on a group account. In this circumstance I would suggest submitting a support ticket to the link in my signature, if you haven't done so already.

Thanks gbarry,

However we are not on a group account. Each device is separate. So I am wondering

1. what causes this evernote issue to occur given that none of the users actually use evernote?

and

2. how do we resolve / work around it? (as currently the error message pops up each time the device starts.)

Regards,

Colin

I had this same thing happen to me on my Nexus S 4G. It made it so I could not access most of my notes, nor would they sync to my phone correctly. Ultimately what I had to do was uninstall and re-install Evernote on my phone. This fixed whatever problem I was having - luckily all my notes had sync'd to the web correctly so I did not lose any.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks gbarry,

However we are not on a group account. Each device is separate. So I am wondering

1. what causes this evernote issue to occur given that none of the users actually use evernote?

and

2. how do we resolve / work around it? (as currently the error message pops up each time the device starts.)

Regards,

Colin

Wanted to close this out for you Colin. This issue was fixed in our 3.2.3 release, and all you need to resolve is update the app. If users are not logged in to the app it won't be running in the background and causing issues. I'm getting further information on "uninstall" being greyed out.

EDIT: Received info on "greyed out" uninstall. That lies with the packaged bundling of the software, so unfortunately there's no hard uninstall for Evernote on this device. An update should fix your issues, however.

Hope this helps!

Archived