(Archived) HELP [Chrome]: Error Message

eyespyhifi

I have just installed Evernote Web Clipper for Google Chrome. I receive the following message:

"The browser s having problems persisting your data on disk (FileError:2 (SECURITY_ERR)). "Clip to Evernote" extension will continue to function, but your unsaved clips will not be preserved until you restart your browser. If your browser is not up to date, consider upgrading it."

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

I have the latest version of Google Chrome.

I also have Evernote for Windows installed which runs with no problems.

I have previously had Web Clipper installed on Chrome and did not have this problem. It seems to have started since I re-installed my operating system.

I have scanned my operating system for Disk errors, viruses and malware, all of which showed as negative.All latest Windows updates are installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hey, i am all of a sudden having the same issue. I googled the issue but found nothing other than this post of yours.

But you might wanna confirm , it says -> "The browsers having problems persisting your data on disk (FileError:2 (SECURITY_ERR)). "Clip to Evernote" extension will continue to function, but your unsaved clips will not be preserved after you restart your browser. If your browser is not up to date, consider upgrading it."

Anyways, are you still having this issue? And if so, is it causing any evident problems in the functioning of EN Webclipper?

Archived