(Archived) Want to hide note counts

swehba

Idea

Is there any way to hide the note count that appears to the right of each notebook? It really isn't generally useful to me, and most of the time I would opt to hide it. It's just more UI clutter that can be eliminated. Having a feature to selective show/hide the counters would be nice.

4 replies to this idea

Suggestion! You mean, there is no way to hide the note counts! You have got to be kidding! Do you guys actually ever do any usability testing or have any regard for actual workflows? As a paying customer, I have to say I am very disappointed in how the product has "matured." I originally signed up for Evernote based on the server-side features knowing that the client UI was clunky but hoping that it would evolve in a positive way. It has not done that.

What other usability concerns do you have? We're always happy to hear them.

We do run usability tests. One of our bigger issues is the wide variety of ways people use our software. There isn't a standard user profile or workflow for us to test against. We try to avoid simply having a graveyard of settings in lieu of making design decisions. This of course doesn't mean we've made perfect decisions (design or otherwise).

Suggestion! You mean, there is no way to hide the note counts! You have got to be kidding! Do you guys actually ever do any usability testing or have any regard for actual workflows? As a paying customer, I have to say I am very disappointed in how the product has "matured." I originally signed up for Evernote based on the server-side features knowing that the client UI was clunky but hoping that it would evolve in a positive way. It has not done that.

Wow...I hardly see the displayed note counts as all that annoying/bad, if you don't need/use them. (I do use them.)

Personally, I think EN's evolution in the three years I've been using it has been amazingly great.

Archived