(Archived) Web clipper blank window

allenm

Hi, I've been having many problems with Evernote since upgrading to Lion and while it seemed thinks were fixed with a beta version of the clipper things are once again broken for me.

I have tried every suggestion of installing and uninstalling and currently have Evernote 1.0.0 for Safari installed but when I go to clip a page now the small popup window is blank and it stays blank, I've followed suggestions someone else from Evernote made to just leave it sit and have done that more than once for over 10 minutes and this does not fix the problem.

I paid for Premium Evernote to use it and without the web clipper like it used to work it is broken for me, I have tried the other bookmarklet method also and let be serious that is NOT a acceptable solution to the problem at hand and as I recall the pages saved the links did not even work? I've also noticed recently pages that I have saved do not save like they used to and instead they area big glob of text and not even formatted right?

I am currently paying for a premium account however the product does not at all perform how it did when I signed up, I'm sure I am not the only one that feels they are not actually getting a premium service if one of the most important things I use is broken and it REALLY bothers me when I see new features are being added yet old stuff is still not fixed....like the web clipper for Safari.

I am running current versions of Safari,OSX and of course the extension just in case anybody needs to know. At this point I am considering asking for a refund as the product seems broken and I do not get the feeling that much effort is being made to repair it.

I typically use Evernote on at least 50-100+ pages per day and have grown to rely on it and perhaps I shouldn't have, being broken it totally interrupts work flow and I am considering just going back to the old system I used which takes longer but at least it is 100% reliable and I don't have to waste alot of time hoping it might work for another few days.

• Level 5*

Safari 5.1 apparently broke the clipper again. An update is coming apparently.

But just to clarify, you didn't buy a Premium account to get the clipper, or an Evernote account, or an Evernote client on pretty much every device you own.

What you paid for are things like, more monthly traffic, larger note size, PIN codes on mobile devices.

Either way, if you aren't happy you should contact support and I'm sure that they will give you a refund and return your account to free status.

Hi folks,

Here is a beta version that supports Safari 5.1.1

For best results install the extension and restart your browser.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s13/sh/308e08ed-3521-42ca-81fa-703ff88e1a7b/3c900009ae7e7ab9fccf25cf5e626c05

( If you run into an unresponsive state, try uninstalling and then another install )

Let me know if this works.

All buttons have strange labels like quickNoteAction_clipFullPage. I guess this is a localization issue since I use Swedish on my Lion installation.

I can confirm the new build is working for me once again. Metrodon, I realize the clipper is not part of the premium price I pay but when I started using Evernote the clipper worked flawless and THAT is what sold me on actually paying for a premium account because of the way I use it for work, had Evernote not had the clipper I likely would have lost interest quickly as a paid account on Dropbox can also give me huge storage on all devices and keep everything synced...I also have a paid account with them.

My guess is alot of people perhaps don't use the clipper but I do and I rely on it to be working and it is the biggest reason why I became a premium member because everything worked smoothly and I knew I would need more space right away.

Thanks for the fix Evernote!

I'm a huge evernote fan but their handling of the clipping feature is an embarrassment. I've grown so frustrated that I rarely use the tool anymore. Moreover, the defensiveness of the user base and lack of response from the company leads me to worry about the long term viability of the offering. I simply want a one click method to capture web content as a PDF that works.

When you repeatedly ***** up the usability of an application, you're just asking your users to walk away. Now, you can make the argument that you're at the mercy of Apple but frankly I don't care. You're smart folks, you can find away to not remove capabilities.

Sorry for the rant but you broke me and impacted my productivity and that simply blows.

We have published version 1.0.1 of Safari Web Clipper. If you have auto updates enabled in Safari preferences you should get the new update after a browser restart.

Or get it directly here:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/get.php?file=SafariExtension

Known issues:

- Cursor not blinking in the input fields

- Selection clipping via popup is unstable (use right click menu for best results)

- Some error messages are incorrect

• 8 months later...

Archived