(Archived) One platform that can ...

What I'd really like to be able to do is see a list of notes, all of my saved searches, and the couple of tags that I keep on top, so that I can quickly flip between those things. A plus would be to be able to do an ad hoc search & save it from the same platform.

On Mac, I can resize the "Tags" section on the left, so that this is easily accomplished, but on Mac I can't see what my saved searches are actually searching for ... as I'm reviewing some of the searches & revising as I use Evernote more, this is a deal breaker.

On Windows, I can't resize the "Tags" section ... just minimize or show fully. But at least I can see the syntax of a saved search ... so this is what I'll be using for now.

On Web, I can't even see saved searches, plus I can't get the "list on top, note on the bottom" look I really want.

On iPad, no saving searches or multiple views. Not that I'd really expect it here, but for a review that flips between a few options, the Pad is so limited as to be unusable.

Note that what I would expect is that I'd have the same experience AT LEAST on the two desktop clients & probably also a very similar experience on the web. The inconsistency between clients is a huge knock against EN as far as I'm concerned. But for now, I'd simply settle for being able to view a couple tags, my saved searches, the actual syntax of the saved search, and a list of items with the abiliy to jump into a note to edit it. A Frankenstein of the Mac & Windows platforms, essentially.

On Web, I can't even see saved searches,

Click in Search box to view, among other things, list of saved searchs.

Search box status updates after search to show search attributes.

plus I can't get the "list on top, note on the bottom" look I really want.

View Options -> List

• Level 5*
Thanks Metrodon - I hadn't realized this & it does help (may have to see if there's a similar option for Windows) ... now if only the Mac Client showed me what the syntax of my saved search actually was ...

I agree, it's a little clunky so I tend to put the syntax as the saved search's name

Owyn - thanks, I had looked at View Options > List, but didn't actually bother clicking a note.

Hate the idea that (at least when doing the weekly review) Web App is superior to Desktop client ... but for what I need / am doing ... Web App appears to be superior to Desktop Client ...

Thanks!

Both clients have their strengths. I use the web client about 90% of the time but go back to the windows client for my regular maintenance tasks. Operations on collections of notes are just a lot faster and easier in the windows client.

• Level 5
Both clients have their strengths. I use the web client about 90% of the time but go back to the windows client for my regular maintenance tasks. Operations on collections of notes are just a lot faster and easier in the windows client.

I'm just the opposite. I use the Windows client version close to 100% of the time.

But I am starting to soften a bit.

I turned on the Google option to permit dual real-time searches in both the internet and my Evernote web. That is a wonderful feature. Of course, my privacy just flew out the window at the same time.

That is a wonderful feature. Of course, my privacy just flew out the window at the same time.

AFAIK the EN search results are not transmitted to Google. The clipper option hooks into Google search to trigger joint search and display.

Archived