(Archived) How to invite a list on 1,000+ people

I have just started using EN and think it's pretty amazing. I have put some course material into EN and would like to invite well over 1,000 students to see my EN course material. I can't seem to be able to do an "invite" unless I type in each email address individually. So I don't want to have to type in over 1,000 email addresses each time I want to invite someone to see a new course or something.

Is there anyway that I can cut and paste (can do it now) into the invite "box" or to import a list into the invite "box".

Please let me know. My fingers are falling off :-)

David

In *theory*, you could subscribe those 1000+ people to a mailing list, and invite the mailing list's email address to the notebook.

If you do not "require login", it *may* work for multiple people before the link expires, who should then be able to link the notebook to their account.

If you "require login", the link will *only* work once.

Note: you cannot invite an "alias" like this with any security features and have the link work, for example, you cannot allow people to modify, etc, as that would require login.

Thanks for letting me know about this. Can you tell me how I would invite the people by a sending an email to them? I do have the list of people in a database and it would be easy to send them an email. But where would I "send" them? Do I just cut and paste the link or something?

Archived