(Archived) Want to build a "Dashboard"

Greetings, Evernote ninja, first time poster. I use EN daily for work and personal items, recently changed EN religion and am putting all notes into a single notebook (two actually) vs. dozens of notebooks as I found that I was sometimes sloppy with the notebook assignment yet always very clear with tagging so aside from my 'Inbox" notebook I'm pouring all my notes into one notebook.

My tagging convention contains client name and project so if we were working on a project called "ROUTERS" for a client, Macy's, the tag might look like macysrouters, the title of each note contains the date in 20111104 format for quick sorting.

Tons of notes, tons of tags. What I want is a single note or a dashboard I can view where all my current projects at once. As one project disappears I can replace it with another. I want to fire up EN in the morning, look at this "dashboard" (note, probably) and see all my active items. I guess I could create a note with a 2 column, multi row table with each cell showing a current activity (Macy's router project, Cyberdyne T800 project, etc..)

any ideas? Thanks

• Level 5

Tons of notes, tons of tags. What I want is a single note or a dashboard I can view where all my current projects at once. As one project disappears I can replace it with another. I want to fire up EN in the morning, look at this "dashboard" (note, probably) and see all my active items.

I use a couple methods to create a list of current projects with just a few clicks.

1.) Using the unfinished to-do items (in Windows)

• > Attributes
    >> Contains
    >>> Unfinished to-do items

2.) Using the saved search with a custom search to drill down to a refined list of current projects

I was just thinking about a "Dashboard" this week. I'm sure fans would either hate or love having a dashboard, but having one and the ability to use it or not would be great. For me a dashboard would help in a cleaner "welcome" screen, right now sometimes when I open EN it feels overwhelming and tedious. Having a dashboard where I could select certain notebooks would be nice.

Archived