Evernote not opening Skim annotations

reonzpika

Idea

Hello there,

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this right.

I have been using Skim to edit (e.g. annotate/highlight/add notes) pdf files saved on Evernote.

But when I open the edited pdf files, all the annotations are gone!!! I tried saving a pdf with embedded anotations and the annotations were still there when I opened it straight after, but the annotations were gone the day after...

It happened with Microsft Words as well. I stopped using Evernote to save Words after this happened. And it seems I have to do the same for Skim, which is a real shame because I really like using Evernote

I have the feeling that Evenote is opening the backed up files...although it seems too ridiculous.

Hope you guys can help me out here. It's affecting my work!

Thanks a lot,

Ryo

3 replies to this idea

The same thing happened to me. Apparently skim annotations are not compatible with the Adobe standard.

Try to make annotations with skim, save the file, and read it with Adobe Acrobat.

So, I currently use the preview to make annotations, which are not lost when the PDF is saved in Evernote.

To annotate with the preview you must click on the button that has a small pen, located on the toolbar.

Hope this help...

Raul

Ugh. I have been using Skim for my Phd Research because it functionally works better for my purposes. I moved over from DEVONthink to Evernote for the cross platform integration, and the ability so share with research partners; but now I (we) cannot see my existing annotations when I (we) just need to glance at a document for something without having to open it completely. Now, I have to use both softwares—this seems overkill. I love Evernote, but it is killing us that we cannot access our notes at a glance. They really need to integrate support for some of the more popular pdf softwares. Some of us can use the amazing possibilities of Evernote if only...

Archived