(Archived) What happened to my note? curruption this easily?

Kiltedbear

OK, let me say I am new to Evernote and so far I have been impressed, but a little wary. I had it installed for a while, but just recently started trying out and testing the flexibility of the app and system. So I have the Windows application and I have the Android app installed on my Android 2.2 phone. So today, I was going shopping and decided to try out the list feature with check marks. I created the list on my phone, synched it to Evernote and then left. Great so far, seemed to be fine. First stop, I am checking the things off my list and I struggle with how small the check boxes are so I had to uncheck a couple trying to get the correct ones checked. I was in an area where my signal is quite low. While I was doing something else, my phone went into sleep as it is set to do this after 1 minute. When i realized and went to make new changes to the list, when I unlocked the phone again, the list was there, but it was completely blank, so either it corrupted the list on a save when I lost signal or while the phone went into sleep. Either way, it shouldn't be THIS easy to corrupt a file. That is just plain ridiculous. I tried to resynch after getting a few bars of signal, but I couldn't get anything. When I came home, I checked and sure enough, it was blank on the website too.

OK, I know I didn't do anything unreasonable in the use of what i was doing, so it shouldn't be this easy to ***** a note up. I also know that if you have premium you can look at a notes history, but seriously if the app can ***** up a note this easily, then you can hardly justify charging for a feature like that.

It's a moot point now really. My shopping is done, but it would have been nice to recover the note on the phone instead of being faced with a blank screen the whole trip. Evernote should either fix this issue or allow people to store earlier versions of notes on their phone for recover in the contact menu of the phone. Or ever give a choice during synch to either redownload from the server or upload new changes. I think ideally, the later is the better and easier solution.

• Level 5*
OK, I know I didn't do anything unreasonable in the use of what i was doing
I was in an area where my signal is quite low. While I was doing something else, my phone went into sleep as it is set to do this after 1 minute

...you may have to set your notebook up as an offline resource, and ensure you save ongoing changes if you wish to continue using Evernote in these conditions.

OK, I know I didn't do anything unreasonable in the use of what i was doing
I was in an area where my signal is quite low. While I was doing something else, my phone went into sleep as it is set to do this after 1 minute

...you may have to set your notebook up as an offline resource, and ensure you save ongoing changes if you wish to continue using Evernote in these conditions.

I set the notebook up inside the Windows app first because that is what I installed first. I don't recall setting anything different from default. Does it give you a choice when you create your initial notebook? I don't see this option. Where is it set?

• Level 5*

Have a look on your Android device under ~settings for Evernote. You have an option in there somewhere to select one or more notebooks as "offline" which means the contents will be downloaded to the phone and synced from there when there is a connection. The notebook will stay synced with your Windows copy and the Evernote cloud version. If you're off-network, it will sync when you get back in range. You'll also have an option in there somewhere (in my droid version, at least) to sync only via wifi to save your network bandwidth. (If you have a large notebook the download can take a while...)

Archived