(Archived) Feature Request - URL Notes treated as bookmark

As a new user, I would like to consolidate all of my "clipped" knowledge into one service instead of using both Evernote and an a bookmarking service like del.icio.us.

This could easily be achieve if you did some special processing of a Evernote clip that contained just a URL. For example, if you automatically read the URL and populated the Title, the source URL (with the URL itself), and included the content of the URL as the note.

If you clip a web page into Evernote, we set the title, source URL, and content of that page exactly as you describe. Could you clarify why this isn't satisfactory? I'm not sure why you'd want to paste the URL into the body of a note (and then have it be processed and replaced) as opposed to just clipping ...

Thanks

Dump them into a "Bookmarks" notebook, and you're well on your way. Can tag and everything. I've actually been toying with the idea, once Evernote has a public API, of making a tool to import a .htm bookmarks file to a notebook. Depending on the API capabilities, of course.

Archived