(Archived) Signing out leaves notes visible

kilgoretrout

Idea

I'm trying to password protect the Evernote application on my computer, and I thought I could do this by unchecking the Remember password box in Account Info. However, after doing this and relaunching the app, the main evernote screen with all of my notebooks and notes is visible. You can't make any selections until entering the password.

The problem I have with this is that it's not safe from prying eyes. I don't want someone to be able to open evernote and read or search for anything they want. I don't need a super secure solution, I just want me evernote things to look hidden. How can I do this?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

there isn't currently a method for password protecting Evernote - the expectation is I think that you will use the built in OS security to protect all of your data.

Locking the screen on OS X is very easy and built in to the OS.

I know how to lock the screen, but it doesn't solve my problem. I occasionally let people use my computer on my user account, so they can check their email. All of my private information is in my email account and in evernote. I can sign out of my email account, so I'd like to be able to sign out of evernote too, except signing out of evernote doesn't produce the result I've come to expect out of every other account on a web-based application.

• Level 5*

You should create a guest account and enable fast user switching - this will let you do what you want with regard to sharing and will also protect your email and Evernote and the rest of your data without having to log out of individual accounts each time.

Archived