(Archived) Exercise in Frustration

My experience with Evernote has been so far nothing but frustration. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded to this Premium Account that is absolutely useless. I'm running out of patience trying to synchronize my desktop apl with the web. The first time it was OK. Not any longer. Each time I hit Sync, it says 100% sync, but nothing is synced. So I tried to log off from my desktop apl and log back on. Tried to sync after that. Sync went ahead but, boy what a messed up sync that was!

It created another notebook with the same name as my default one and downloaded half of the notes present on my web notebook (???) Apart from that it created a dozen of no-name tags not present anywhere and linked many messages to those tags. The funniest thing was that I was not able to access those tags as well as I was not able to access that extra notebook created as the result of this sync. I still can't access that notebook and I can't even delete it.

The so called Premium support is non-existent (at least for US customers). I created two tickets and there has been no response. One ticket was created almost two weeks ago.

I don't know what to do under the circumstances. I'm going to make a few more attempts and then, I guess, I'll just have to cancel my account.

The so called Premium support is non-existent (at least for US customers). I created two tickets and there has been no response. One ticket was created almost two weeks ago.

Evernote's policy is to reply within one business day, California time, for premium users. Please post your ticket numbers.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=29808&p=127729&hilit=ticket+number#p127729

Thanks. Yesterday, I created another ticket. It showed that it went through, but I never got any automated messages again.

If you didn't get an auto reply with ticket number...it didn't go through. Every now & then there is a burp in the system. But past experience shows more often than not that the auto reply went to a different email address than is being checked or ended up in the junk/spam folder.

The ticket number you mention, 1220, is not from 8/31. Can you please let us know what the exact ticket number is? This will help us locate you, and other potential tickets you've filed, to help figure out what's happening.

I've attempted to look you up based on your forum username and your email address that you've registered for the forums. I've also checked the username, email address, first and last name of the Evernote user who has the same username as your forum name, just in case, and I have found no support tickets filed.

I've also checked our foreign support departments, just in case you're filing in another language - and can't find anything there either.

So, it would be exceedingly helpful to have that.

Thanks!

Sorry, I must have misspelled. The ticket # was 16051-12820.

Now my desktop appl also shows I have a free account. I guess my Premium has expired and I never had a chance to use it properly.

Since I never used the Premium functionality due to inability to sync, can my Premium be extended for another month?

Thanks.

Thank you.

Your other ticket numbers are 16051-21855, 16051-21462.

All were replied to, at an @sbcglobal.net address - including the auto-replies that are sent as soon as you submit a ticket.

I would suggest checking your spam folder at sbcglobal. You might want to also check online, as there may be a "spamcatcher" on the webmail for that account that is preventing you from seeing our emails.

I just checked my spam folder at sbcglobal.net one more time and there's absolutely no messages from evernote. Clearly the fault is not on my side.

Also, you haven't addressed my questions in the previous email. Since I can't create any support tickets and get any help, could you please cancel my account and refund the money I paid for the past Premium usage?

Thanks.

I just found out I was charged on the 23d of September for the non-existent service again. What is wrong with your company? Should I file a dispute with my credit card?

Here's the info: EVERNOTE.COM

Transaction date: 09/23/2011

Card type: Mastercard

Transaction type: Purchases

Merchant description: INFORMATION RETRIEVAL SERVICES

Merchant information 04087469900, CA

Offer ID: FXW52JGJM

The previous transaction ID:

EVERNOTE.COM 04087469900 CA

Transaction date: 08/24/2011

Card type: Mastercard

Transaction type: Purchases

Merchant description: INFORMATION RETRIEVAL SERVICES

Merchant information 04087469900, CA

Offer ID: FXW52JGJM

I just found out I was charged on the 23d of September for the non-existent service again. What is wrong with your company? Should I file a dispute with my credit card?

Umm, you're on a recurring billing. You only just posted about wanting a credit. IME, I'm pretty sure they will credit you a month.

I've found the issue -

You have two accounts, one free, one premium. The Premium account is attached to a @gmail.com address, the free to @sbcglobal.

I'll have our techs reopen your cases and have them reply to your evernote email addresses instead, which should populate messages directly into your Evernote account. This will alleviate any issues with your mail delivery.

I wonder how I can get them to do anything if both my application and online info says I still have a free account. And that's after two payments. Besides, sync still isn't working.

The amount of time I spent on getting support from this company is too much. So far what I got is a bunch of bureaucratic messages on this board.

I wonder how I can get them to do anything if both my application and online info says I still have a free account. And that's after two payments. Besides, sync still isn't working.

The amount of time I spent on getting support from this company is too much. So far what I got is a bunch of bureaucratic messages on this board.

They are trying to HELP you.

You have two accounts, one free, one premium. The Premium account is attached to a @gmail.com address, the free to @sbcglobal.

You will need to log into the PREMIUM account (tied to GMAIL address.)

I've found the issue -

I'll have our techs reopen your cases and have them reply to your evernote email addresses instead, which should populate messages directly into your Evernote account. This will alleviate any issues with your mail delivery.

Thanks, but I didn't get any mail to my gmail account either.

Archived