Suggestion: Different "paper" backgrounds in Ink Notes

:idea:

Sometimes the yellow ruled background effect isn't the best for an ink note... A good example is when creating/editing a drawing (flowcharts, etc)...

Also, the rules are not adjustable, and depending on the user's handwriting "skill", may not accommodate the handwritten text size...

I think 3 choices could do it - if rule height can be made adjustable as well -- 1) current yellow ruled; 2) white ruled; 3) blank (white preferred).

Thanks...

wouldn't be making suggestions if i didn't love EN and want to use it for everything!!!!

• 3 months later...

It's doubtful Evernote will do anything further with the ink notes in the Windows client., which is the only client (out of 14) that even has ink notes. With the fairly recent acquisition of Skitch, EN is suggesting that users use Skitch (on the platforms where it currently exists) for ink notes, as evidenced in this thread.

In fact, after Skitch is rolled out for Windows, I'd expect that ink notes will be completely removed from the Windows EN client.

And - like it or not, feature parity *may* mean that we may *remove* a feature from one client because we were unable to make it work successfully across the board.

• 3 weeks later...

This is so frustrating. I'm a professional education tutor and it would help me so much to be able to have the option for plain background for ink notes. I use a wacom tablet to write/ debrief questions and I'd love to be able me to bring my notes straight up in class. I love using Evernote but I'd have thought this was a simple fix?

• Level 5*

You would probably be better off with another app that is dedicated to ink notes, which will provide you with many more options and features.

You could then paste an image (or PDF) of your ink note from the app into EN with a couple of keystrokes.

Even though EN has supported having images/photos in a Note for a very long time, they still have not added even the most basic image editing features/options, like rotate, resize, crop.

• 2 years later...

I am really surprised that, after two years, nothing has changed in this area. It would seem to me to be an unbelievably simple setting to add to Evernote. Clearly they have kept the ink note feature in the Windows client (it was not doomed like people said), and in fact it should be even more used due to the advent of Windows tablets.

Why can't such a simple feature/setting be added to the Windows client?

• Level 5*

They're not getting rid of it right away, but it sounds like they're more interested in improving Skitch / Annotate than putting more resources into improving Ink notes. Maybe they'll make Skitch able to handle Ink notes eventually...

• 2 years later...

Archived