(Archived) Feature request: Recognising more text file types

I'm loving using Evernote across my devices, and it's great for keeping things organised. One thing that I would like to see changed is the way imports are done. It is brilliant that it recognises text files and imports them as notes. However, as a DBA/Developer, I create a lot of script files that I would like to be able to import as text notes rather than attachments.

For example: .sql, .vbs, .ps1, .css, etc.

All of these files are plain text files, but they get imported as attachments. I think it would be nice to have a setting in the app, to recognise extensions as text and when those files are imported to convert them to text notes instead of attachments.

So if I specify that my list of file extensions should be read as text, and the app imported them that way...it would just be brilliant. It would also mean that for people who still want those files to be attachments, they can still do that by leaving them out of the list of text extensions.

At the moment, I did the folder import on my SQL scripts folder and then had to open every script and paste in as text instead afterwards.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I realize this is an old request but I agree it would be a great feature, guess for now just going to have to rename files with txt extension to get them to import. Just ran into the same situation as the OP trying to import my sql scrips.

Archived