(Archived) Feature Envy

The article about planned features in Evernote for Windows Phone made me start to think about features which are only available on one platform. Off the top of my head:

iOS:

Hiliting in text editor

Windows:

Assign Tags

Web:

Smart Search Box

Counts updated for search results.

Windows Phone:

Templates

Pinned Searches

Wonder how many of these will manage to creep out as service features?

• Level 5*
Windows has the very cool Date Stamp feature ( Ctrl + ; )

Which would be much cooler if it was configurable. I never have a need for time, and a little control over date format (or time for those that need that) would be nice.

• Level 5
Windows has the very cool Date Stamp feature ( Ctrl + ; )

Which would be much cooler if it was configurable. I never have a need for time, and a little control over date format (or time for those that need that) would be nice.

Some additional flexibility might be nice for some uses.

Date / Time is a great reference tool. It works well for me when I make or receive a phone call - especially when I get put on hold (press 1 for English...) waiting for a tech person to pick up the line 17 minutes later.

If I don't need the time, I just delete it.

I can't concentrate on future features when so many things are broken. Among recent bugs:

1) pictures in RSS feed broken,

2) emailing from EN does not work,

3) bulleted and numbered lists in Android completely broken,

and the worst of all, after 2 recent updates EN windows constantly freezes.

But yes, highlighting would be great, and date stamp on Android, and sharing from EN directly to this forum! I also would appreciate some mind mapping facilities (at least dragging-and-dropping notes on the screen - Springpad does that).

Fortunately, the glass is far more than half full, than half empty.

For me, it is close to over-flowing.

Oh definitely. I use the heck out of the service. Just have to be keep my current set of workarounds in mind.

Oh I forgot the video thing! Now, when one clips a web page with a video embedded, one gets a HUUUUUGE white hole in the middle of the note, instead of the video. If there are some technical or copyright issues about clipping a youtube video, I would at least expect to see a link to it, not just enormous blank space.

Probably it's a bug rather than a feature request, but I can't be bothered with reporting it, since video is not really my thing.

Oh I forgot the video thing! Now, when one clips a web page with a video embedded, one gets a HUUUUUGE white hole in the middle of the note, instead of the video. If there are some technical or copyright issues about clipping a youtube video, I would at least expect to see a link to it, not just enormous blank space.

Probably it's a bug rather than a feature request, but I can't be bothered with reporting it, since video is not really my thing.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=19598&p=81344&hilit=link+video#p81344

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=19598&p=81344&hilit=link+video#p81344

Thanks, I didn't know that the original video saves as a "source URL". However, I still think that this is rather a bug - first, the white space, secondly, what if there are two and more videos on the page?

Out of curiosity I've tried to clip a page with two video clips with a springpad extension - it came out as it should be, with two working video clips in the note. I would expect EN to do the same (or at least to replace the white spaces with links).

But again, I can easily live without it. Unfortunately, at the moment there are much more serious troubles with EN.

Archived